Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: newly installed on tablet - remote interface, flash video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Managed to install Kodi on a tablet with HDMI output. Rather painful as there's no indication how much free space is required or any error recovery in the installer - just blank screens. Anyway figured it out and freed up space and Kodi installed and added some local smb shares to discover content.

The tablet has a touchscreen and HDMI output. Whats the best remote for this setup?

Are there any free wifi keyboard/mouse apps for Android? The default web remote for Kodi seems a bit limited - ideally I'd like to setup all of Kodi from another browser, maybe over ssh, including adding SMB shares etc.

I'm confused about Flash support or lack of in Kodi/Android. I have Adobe Flash installed and it works in Firefox but not Chrome - I read about a chromelauncher but don't know if it's applicable to Android. It would be nice if I could launch Firefox, browse and then start a Flash movie but I'm not sure if this is possible, especially all through a web remote.

Can Kodi play an flv (flash video) stream? (VLC can so would guess flash plugin is not a requirement here)
If so, then I don't need full flash support, I just need a way to cut and paste the flv stream url and start playback.