Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'rebuild' library with watched flags?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My old setup had files on multiple SMB shares, I did backup regularly but with a HDD crash I thought I'd take the opportunity to move all files to a better structure, ie. a single drive.

The WIKI covers updating video locations but I want to merge most of them not just restore.

I'd also really like to recover the watched flags if I can, but last time I restored in the same location in the change from XBMC to Kodi I lost all the watched flags.

Is this too hard and I should just bite the bullet and start from scratch?
Probably the easiest way would be to setup trakt.tv then sync your watched states to it. Before starting over then after setting up with the new structure a trakt sync well bring them back to the new library.

Only because other times people have asked this and not understood how trakt works I will mention that trakt doesn't track the watched state of a specific file but of a movie or a TV show episode. As in it would register that you watched season 1 episode 1 of Game of Thrones regardless of the file name so it you can rename or move files and it will mark anything watched that says it is s01e01 of Game of Thrones
(2015-05-20, 02:44)Soobz Wrote: [ -> ]My old setup had files on multiple SMB shares, I did backup regularly but with a HDD crash I thought I'd take the opportunity to move all files to a better structure, ie. a single drive.

The WIKI covers updating video locations but I want to merge most of them not just restore.

I'd also really like to recover the watched flags if I can, but last time I restored in the same location in the change from XBMC to Kodi I lost all the watched flags.

Is this too hard and I should just bite the bullet and start from scratch?
Right click on the watched movies and choose "Mark as watched" that was what I did....
Use Add-on:WatchedList (wiki). It will match the watched status with the IMDB and TVDB IDs for all the different videos, and then reapply the watched mark even though the path for the video file has changed.
(2015-05-20, 02:53)shadow Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the easiest way would be to setup trakt.tv then sync your watched states to it. Before starting over then after setting up with the new structure a trakt sync well bring them back to the new library.

Only because other times people have asked this and not understood how trakt works I will mention that trakt doesn't track the watched state of a specific file but of a movie or a TV show episode. As in it would register that you watched season 1 episode 1 of Game of Thrones regardless of the file name so it you can rename or move files and it will mark anything watched that says it is s01e01 of Game of Thrones

This is exactly what I use trakt for.