Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Howto get a shared folder on the main screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
Besides the folders of my movie and series library I added a shared folder of my notebook into the "files" section. This folder is not in my library. That means if I go to "videos" - "files" I can see this folder and open it. So far so good Smile

BUT I would like to have o shortcut of this folder directly on the mainscreen (between "movies", "series", "music" ...). Is this possible? Maybe this is skin dependant?
Our default skin unfortunately doesn't allow you to alter the home menu, many other skins do. If you'd like to stay with the default skin (Confluence) you would have to modify it's XML file.
I'd recommend skins like Amber, Aeon NOX, or Transparency. Actually, I think nearly every skin in the default kodi.tv repository has custom home item options.
OK, but if I would like to create a shortcut there is no possibility to choose a path to a shared folder. How do I do this?
as said, Confluence has no option to adjust the main menu, you'd have to alter the code of the skin (xml files). Do you want to go that route? But keep in mind that your changes will be lost once you update Kodi (as you are modifying the default skin). Changes might be kept if there is a copy in the userdata folder, but I never tried if this works.
Hi Smile

It is not exactly the answer you aimed, but as it related to skins.....
OSMC and particuliarly their default skin (osmc) support creation, alteration of main screen/menu.
(I never tried OSMC with the confluence theme)

I've tried it on my RPi, I now have an "Anime" menu on the main screen

nota bene OSMC stands for Open Source Media Center
not Operating System M___ C___, so there are microsoft and mac compatible softwares

and yes it use KODI (Helix 14.2 at this present time)
Ok. I have installed reFocus. Now I try to creat a new menu. But what do I have to set in "userdefined action"? (I hope its translated correct)