Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Ouya Helix 14.2] massive dropped frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some episodes of "Dowton Abbey" that drop frames like crazey and play very jirky. They play fine on the raspberry and windows. I lose multiple frames per second. It is essentially unwatchable. CPU doesnt look high and buffer seems full so maybe a settings issue? Or related to fixed framerate output?

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/p2g5pdnw8
screenshot of playback:
update: sync playback to display somehow was disabled. Turrning it back on solved it. Will leave this for others who do the same BlushBlush
And posted in the wrong section. not my day, sorry.
Codec Screen is not a benchmark. Open it from time to time only and check the values. Keeping it on screen will just make it further drop / skip whatever.

@Moderators: Please move into the Android Forum.
Thought it was fixed but it isnt. Frame drops start after a few seconds and never stop. Sync playback to display is on, and so is hardware acceleration. Playback looks really jerky. plays fine on the pi. Is this due to the fixed refresh rate output of the ouya?

new log:http://xbmclogs.com/p0fh4ios5

new picture of issue and settings
Try disabling MediaCodec but leaving libstagefright on.
(2015-05-22, 14:46)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling MediaCodec but leaving libstagefright on.

Thanks. That seems to do it. Image looks better and dropped frames stil at 0 now. Have kept it running for 30+ minutes and all is fine.

Can this be kept like this for all content, or are thet specific filetypes for which I need to reenabke MediaCodec?
Appreciate the help.
You'll probably be fine for almost all content. I'm not sure what might require mediacodec. They both basically do the same thing and access the same hardware, but MediaCodec is the standard hardware decoding API for Android and will eventually replace the need for the others. The other ones are still there, like libstagefright and the amlogic codec, for a few lingering situations (sometimes specific to some devices, I think) like this one where mediacodec still has some issues.
Thanks very much!