Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: It would be nice to have an action for old behaviour of audio and subs tracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Up until Helix, I had two buttons on my remote that took care of audio and subs selection, by using the NextSubtitle and AudioNextLanguage actions in the keymap.xml file.

Now both invoke the subs and audio submenus. While I respect and understand the desire to implement those, it would be nice to have actions available for the old behaviour. For files with a single subtitle, for example, NextSubtitle simply took care of activating the subtitle if not set up as default in the file (thinking MKVs here).

So, to sum it up, nothing wrong with the new behaviour but the need to have actions for keymap.xml to access the old one.
I see that under the DSPlayer settings in Settings/Video/DSPlayer (in DSPlayer builds, obviously) there is an option to activate (or not) the popup dialog for subs and audio selection. Is that standard under Isengard and in non-DSPlayer builds it's somewhere else or is it something specific for DSPlayer? In any case, it seems an intelligent option to offer (under Expert settings or wherever you might think it fits better).
v14 and v15 both don't give me any window for those actions. They just select the next audio or subtitle tracks. Can you get us a debug log (wiki)?