Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to hide SYSTEM button??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

Im a new kodi user.

I bought a new HTPC and it's all running smoothly.

The problem is I have a 6 year old son to move at all.

How to hide the SYSTEM button (like screenshot)? It would help me a lot.

Every time my son goes some configuration

Thanks

Claudio
Install CCM Helix (Confluence Custom Mod) and simplify the theme as much as you want from within the skin settings - much easier: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212898 Smile
(2015-05-24, 12:38)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Install CCM Helix (Confluence Custom Mod) and simplify the theme as much as you want from within the skin settings - much easier: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212898 Smile

Thank you for fast and great reply jmh2002.

Its solve my problem!! Very nice!! But get me a new one.

How to re-enable this button after hide??

Claudio
If you still want to be able to use it, then instead of hiding it totally, bury it in a submenu or something similar Smile

To re-enable it simply re add it from the skin settings. In the CCM thread you will find more info, but its simple enough.
This can be done with the vanilla Confluence skin.
In Home.xml, look for the following (around line 970):

Code:
<item id="5">
    <label>31959</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

and comment out the lines:

Code:
<!--item id="5">
    <label>31959</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
</item-->

Save the file, and restart Kodi.

Settings can still accessed using the # key on your remote.
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help out! I'm a newbie to Kodi, which I'm running on an Amazon Fire Stick (v.14.2). I've been playing around with the settings, and found a skin that gives me more flexibility as to what's displayed on the Home menu; Amber. My intention was to keep they System option on the main screen while ALSO having it on the Quit options (I love to tweak settings and access it a lot!). I must have inadvertently disabled System from the home menu and not properly enabled the Quit button b/c now neither are there and I can't figure out how to access the System Settings. I feel crippled not being able to access settings, and I'm trying to avoid doing a full reset b/c I've put a lot of effort/time into setting things up.

Can anyone suggest how I can access the System settings?

Thank you!