Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ZIDOO X1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If mediacodec is implemented correctly, the path already is zero copy. I'd suggest you fix your mediacodec driver implementation never the less - other users might want to run content kodi does not provide, so you need to fix it anyways.

Going the OMX way, was low hanging fruit.
The video buffer of mediacodec must to render with osd layer,and the two layer must blend by openGL.
The hwcomposer can do this step by hardware.
Thought you were talking about decoding and display of video only. osd and menu can be further optimized, yes - basically the way you are doing it right now, without throwing away a complete design.

Also don't forget postprocessing functionality, that you might need e.g. deinterlacing, which your current codepath might not have at all.
@mirror88, the GPL leaves no exceptions, you must release the full source code for all Kodi binaries that you have released for download on any of your public websites and forums, etc.

(2015-06-09, 09:58)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]Please pay close attention to https://github.com/zidootech
Assuming that your ZDCODEC for Allwinner is implemented similar to the AMCODEC for Amlogic is implemented into Kodi, then I can not find any reference to it in your released code, can you please point out how and in which source files it is implemented into Kodi?

(2015-06-09, 09:58)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]please allow us to take it a little slow, to keep some competitive advantages in the appropriate period of time.
Sorry but no, you need to understand that is not legally acceptable per the GPL as you will be violating the open source licenses that the source code is bound under if you release any binaries based on Kodi's source code (such as Kodi based APK app files) to the public without also providing the full source code to that binary when asked.

Purposely withholding source code based Kodi based for a period of time even when asked directly for it is not only not allowed but illegal when you have already released the binaries.

Anyway, if you really have 50+ software engineers then you have no real reason to fear for your competitive survival, even if invalid you already have an edge so that point is moot too.

(2015-06-09, 10:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are providing/selling these boxes, any one who owns a box is entitled to receive the source code at request without any exceptions.
Actually, we do not have to own a Zidoo box if they are not only doing direct OTA updates to their boxes but also publishing/providing binaries based on Kodi's source code (such as Kodi based APK app files) available on their website and forums where anyone can download them in order to try to run them on other Android boxes based on Allwinner, which is a likely scenario since no other manufacturer have provided a proper CedarX implementation in Kodi so far.

(2015-06-09, 10:02)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Saying you will release the source code in the future is not acceptable in these situation.
Correct, again rehashing; as per the GPL license Zidoo are not legally allowed to withhold source code of already released binaries just to "keep some competitive advantages in the appropriate period of time". As soon as they release any binary based on Kodi source code to the public where we download it they must provide the full source code for it ASAP when asked.
@fritsch:
Thank you very musch!
And before you start liking me too much: We don't understand any jokes with the GPL, cause all the code you currently use is GPL and was written by volunteers, including me - in my freetime.
Pages: 1 2