Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Not much uploading activity from other users yet which is a shame.

All the UK and Dutch logos are done but other countries are lacking uploads Wink
(2015-06-15, 10:32)zag Wrote: [ -> ]Not much uploading activity from other users yet which is a shame.

All the UK and Dutch logos are done but other countries are lacking uploads Wink
Can we get the api functional? Then I can advertise for users to start uploading their logos.

Thanks
(2015-06-15, 14:47)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get the api functional? Then I can advertise for users to start uploading their logos.

Thanks

Sure, remind me of your requests.

The accuracy should be much improved now we added more channels.
(2015-06-15, 15:06)zag Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 14:47)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get the api functional? Then I can advertise for users to start uploading their logos.

Thanks

Sure, remind me of your requests.

The accuracy should be much improved now we added more channels.

okay, I'll give it a try again and let you know... Thanks
Nice additions to the database lately. Nice work everyone!
@zag

as storage, are you using a SQLite database?
mysql but send me any data you have and I will see what I can do. sqlite isnt usually a problem to import
api looks great, glad to see channel call letters...

I'll add the logodb to my plugin, then advertise for users to upload missing logos... thanks again
In the meantime, I am writing some lyngsat-scripts (starting from some information already in the db) in order to obtain the data necessary (SID, TID, NID, Frequency) to create the classic e2 ServiceReference. Once I can create it for each channel, then each channel in the db can be linked to Rytec for EPG and also to link to logos present in the Picons SOurce project. Probably still need a few days for this. However, once done, we would probably need 2 or 3 more fields in the channel-table to store said data.
(2015-06-15, 17:02)tilleke Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, I am writing some lyngsat-scripts (starting from some information already in the db) in order to obtain the data necessary (SID, TID, NID, Frequency) to create the classic e2 ServiceReference. Once I can create it for each channel, then each channel in the db can be linked to Rytec for EPG and also to link to logos present in the Picons SOurce project. Probably still need a few days for this. However, once done, we would probably need 2 or 3 more fields in the channel-table to store said data.

Interesting. How will you match any information from lyngsat with the rytec epg's? AFAIK the channels match by the id the xmltv presents (e.g: Channel_2) or am I wrong?
(2015-06-15, 17:19)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 17:02)tilleke Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, I am writing some lyngsat-scripts (starting from some information already in the db) in order to obtain the data necessary (SID, TID, NID, Frequency) to create the classic e2 ServiceReference. Once I can create it for each channel, then each channel in the db can be linked to Rytec for EPG and also to link to logos present in the Picons SOurce project. Probably still need a few days for this. However, once done, we would probably need 2 or 3 more fields in the channel-table to store said data.

Interesting. How will you match any information from lyngsat with the rytec epg's? AFAIK the channels match by the id the xmltv presents (e.g: Channel_2) or am I wrong?

IMO:

This whole endeavour to match channels to channel id's is silly, its going to only apply to one service and one set of channels for one specific region... We should prob change the site name from logodb to rytec_logodb.

I believe once you look outside of the little bubble that is rytec, you will see that pairing id's that have no bearing between regions and services will be fruitless...

After All, regions will have to be abandoned for postal codes first before any attempt is made to add channel id's... then we will have to gather every possible broadcast service and cable company for each area, then we will need to list channel id's and display names for all the possible xmltv grabbers out there... taking in mind that those names and Id's could change overnight...

I figure that even with full time data entry it will be a MAJOR undertaking, let alone the detailed api that will have to query this data for accurate returns...

after all is done, what did we gain from this? this whole project seems personalized to one user group? whats the plan to use this data? I wouldn't trust it... can't see how the output could be accurate? without asking users a ton of questions...
(2015-06-15, 17:19)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]

This way searching for TVI24:

1) once I have a service-reference (or more), I look up its channelid:

Code:
Rytec Cross reference file

<channel id="TVI24.pt">1:0:1:131:26:36:CE40000:0:0:0:</channel> <!-- TVI 24 -->
<channel id="TVI24.pt">1:0:19:85:65:53:CE40000:0:0:0:</channel> <!-- TVI 24 -->

Once I have the channelid, I can consult the corresponding xmltv-file for the EPG:

Code:
xmltv-file
<channel id="TVI24.pt">
    <display-name lang="pt">TVI 24</display-name>
    <url>http://www.meo.pt.index</url>
  </channel>

<programme start="20150614002000 +0100" stop="20150614011500 +0100" channel="TVI24.pt">
    <title lang="pt">25ª Hora</title>
    <desc lang="pt">Tempo de olhar o dia que passou e antecipar o novo tempo que está a chegar. À meia-noite, todas as noites, a 25ª Hora faz a diferença com João Maia Abreu du...</desc>
  </programme>

Using the same ServiceReference, one can also consult the Picons Source project for other logos...

This is why I suggested that TheLogoDB could be used for other purposes but apparently it is not appreciated so I might just as well stop the work on it.
I understand but is there any public document rytec uses to store all the channels plus their reference (1:0:1:131:26:36:CE40000:0:0:0Smile ? Or are you just grabbing those references for all lyngsat channels and later make a file to combine those with the chid's of rytec?
I am not really familiar with all the sources for epg's out there, just wondering if it is viable. Regardless, any plus imho is always welcome.
@Lunatixz
Maybe you and your plugin cannot take advantage of it (sorry for you) but others could surely benefit from this data.
It is just a matter of extra data - your logos will always be there (or a link to them).
When someone would like to do something to improve things (and who knows maybe create some standards) based on concepts from a huge and well-working platform such as E2, then there is always someone who would like to hinder new work...I have seen it before and I guess I will always see it.
BTW: there are other E2 epg-providers other than Rytec that uses ServiceReference....
(2015-06-15, 17:52)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand but is there any public document rytec uses to store all the channels plus their reference (1:0:1:131:26:36:CE40000:0:0:0Smile ? Or are you just grabbing those references for all lyngsat channels and later make a file to combine those with the chid's of rytec?
I am not really familiar with all the sources for epg's out there, just wondering if it is viable. Regardless, any plus imho is always welcome.

Sure is....how else would e2 users have fresh epg covering most European, Russian, Australian and other regions? There is a network of different sources (based in different locations in the world) who gathers and provide epg-data under the name of Rytec. There are tools (following a standard) installed on most e2-images which grabs the data more or less in the way I showed you in my previous post. Once you have your final xmltv-file, you can add the channelid in your playlist(m3u) file and get the epg. There may be some difficulties on the road (haven't tested how timezones are handled in Kodi) but that is somehting one can look into later one although it should already work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29