Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No suspend/hibernate, and shudownFunction offers ?0? or ?-1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMC under Debian stable and I'd like to be able to suspend from it, but the only option I'm given when clicking the "power" button is "Exit". IIUC there should be things like "suspend" or "hibernate" in there.

On a related note, the Settings => System => Power config where I can set the "shudown function", the only options offered are "?0?" and "?-1?" both of which look really weird.

When I "grep -i power ~xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log", the only possibly relevant lines are:

02:20:51 T:2989623168 INFO: Selected Logind/UPower as PowerSyscall
02:20:52 T:2989623168 DEBUG: LogindUPowerSyscall - inhibit lock taken, fd 10
06:20:59 T:2989623168 DEBUG: LogindUPowerSyscall - Received unknown signal NameAcquired

Any idea what might be going on? I have upower and systemd installed and running. Admittedly, when I try to run (as xbmc user):

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend

I get an error:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Suspend" with signature "" on interface "org.freedesktop.UPower" doesn't exist

So maybe there's a problem with upower?
Xbmc is outdated and doesn't support logind. Use kodi, preferrably a v15 git master build. You might need this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4273 as well.