Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking to seperate Music DVDs and Music Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Long time Kodi/XMBC user. Finally decided to take advantage of the Music Videos section of Kodi. I am currently using Transparency! skin but i am asking this question generally, as it may be possible in another skin or be skin independent?

I have 2 large collections, the first is a collection of Music DVDs - Concerts, Music Documentaries, Video Collections, etc. The second collection is a large folder structure full of individual music videos files. I have set up kodi to scrape both types of files and it works beautifully. The one issue i have though is, i would like to be able to view (or filter) these 2 types individually. For example: sometimes i want to play all the music videos on random at a party for example, but it includes DVDs and gets stuck in the root menu of the DVD, or plays a long documentary in the middle of the short videos.

Does anyone know a way to have a "Music Videos" and a "Music DVDs" (or Music Films, or whatever) section, where both can still use the Music Video scraping option, or maybe a way to filter them. Ideally i don't want to have to create playlists and constantly keep updating them manually each time i add a video

Thanks!!
So you already have 2 separate sources for your music? For example:

C:\Music Dvds
C:\Music Videos

If that's the case, create a smart playlist that filters by path (C:\Music Videos). The smart playlist will automatically add any new music videos that have been scrapped into the library.