Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MXQ AMLOGIC S805 Video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I purchase this box, to stop using my laptop, the issue I am having is the image gets cut is never in the center, I tried adjusting the video with no luck. the main screen fit perfect. any ideas on how to fix this issue..
Thanks
think i might know what you mean.. are you in 1080p? does changing to 720p fix it?
what res does Kodi report in System info?
If you can, either install the free SuperSu app from the Google play store and give Kodi root permissions when it starts up and the popup box appears.
Or Install Kodi Isengard which sorts out the problem.
I believe I've tried the SuperSU root permissions but it had no affect on my MXQ. I use SPMC and within the video settings I've disabled AMcodec HW acceleration while keeping the others selected. This fixes all my video alignment/resolution issues.

I
I can't change the resolution in Kodi. I changed on the Google setting. The video information in Kodi is 1920x1080 full screen 30 fps
Thanks.
What is the SPMC? And where do I get it? Thanks
Try playing around with (if it is there) Settings > System > Video Output > Window Mode Then restart Kodi.
Resolutions are handled by the device Firmware so there really is not much Kodi can do if Firmware fails to detect or report correct resolutions.

I would try SPMC Isengard (15.0 beta1) that will work around any Kodi permissions issues you currently have:

http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/public....Za7c7uitXV

There is also a Kodi 14.2 version here:
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Then thank the Kodi Android developer .. Koying Smile
Thank you guys. Is fix, I play with resolution of the box and it look amazing. HuhHuhHuhHuh
I thought I should expand on the previous message. I had this same problem yesterday with my new MXQ box. My TV is quite old and this may be the reason that the HD auto-detect was causing the problem.

I went to the M Setting (the box settings, not the android settings) > Display tab, and switched off 'auto detect'. I then scrolled down the resolution list to i1080 (not up to 1080). This fixed this Kodi video resolution problem for me.

It also meant that I could reactivate the hardware accelerator within Kodi, as deactivating it caused problems for me.

Hope this helps.