Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ZOTAC ZBOX EI750 - Pioneer SC-LX57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi All,
First of all I want to thank you all for the great software and the best Media player in the world. I am running into some issues with my current hardware related to Kodi.

ZOTAC ZBOX EI750
16GB RAM
500 Gig SSD disk
Thecus 5200 Pro - NAS server - SMB enabled.
Switch - D-Link DGS-1100-24
Pioneer SC-LX57
OpenElec 5.08 - Kodi 14.x

I want to start to mention that I have had issues with Kodi with this particular hardware before. This was resolved in one of the builds after 5.0 of OpenElec. Now my issues currently is with playback of Music MP3 files. Also connection is done over HDMI however the Zotac EI750 does not have HDMI so I use a DVI --> HDMI converter. The settings in Audio Output in Kodi is as follows. I use the HDA Inte PIO SC-LX57 on HDMI #1 as the output source.

HDA Intel PIO SC-LX57 On HDMI #1
HDA Intel HDMI #0
HDA Intel HDM #2
HDA Intel PCH ID 892 Analog
HDA Intel PCH ID 892 Digital SPDIF

Issue: I have added my MP3 collection to kodi, and while my old Asrock did playback MP3 just fine with my Zotec I am not getting any sound. In this case you would think there is something wrong with my setup and here is something which does not add up. You see I have some movies / tv shows, and all of those playback just fine. I get the full Passthrough to work, I.E DolbyDigital, DTS and even True-HD / DTS-HD. Its only MP3 playback and some add-on like DI or MixCloud which does not produce any sound.

Any tips and ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Feejus
known.

Problem with intel and your AVR. In OE I pushed a patch to set the "minimum sample" rate.

Make a test first:

Audio -> Output. Choose "Fixed", "Samplerate" 48 khz and 2 channels - Makes it work, right?
If this test succeeds, create /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<minimumsamplerate>48000</minimumsamplerate>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Patch: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...rate.patch
Hi Fritsch,
Got your suggestion and it works like a treat!!! I have added that and it works perfect and some of the other addons which did not work before is now working. Can you please explain a bit more on what it is with my AVR and the Intel?

Thanx
Feejus
Intel has a problem getting Audio out of these when running > 1080@30 ... here is the bugreport: Please bump it: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75038
Thank you sorted, just did not get the "bump it" Big Grin.
Write something in there I mean.
Btw. that's _not_ the kodi bugtracker :-) never the less I pinged Jani Nikula on intel's IRC channel to have another look.

Make sure you also try this with OE6 beta1 - as this has a newer kernel.
Hi Fritsch,
Thank you for the information. You see i was on 5.95.1 and went back to stable version because i thought it was something wrong with 5.08. I had the same issue with the plugin but never tested the MP3 playback. I assume your fix would have done the trick. I am almost sure the same issue is will happen with version 6.

I am sure that Jani will be very helpful and hopefully we can get a fix for this either way.
I will ask stefan saraev to make a testbuild for you - did IMX development the last days and do not have a project ready to build.
sure fritsch, I am happy to run a test environment Big Grin and provide debug to you guys if that helps to resolve this. It is just shame that there might a slim chance that i need to return this kit to my work Sad.
Nothing you need to return! We want to get that fixed. Thanks much for helping us.
http://saraev.ca/oe/OpenELEC-Generic.x86...a0efe7.tar <- Give this a try please, what happens?

Edit: And report back in the bugtracker. Also prepare the same logs as before.
And whipe your advancedsettings.xml - before testing - right? :-)
Hi, I know its late but i have done this. I can confirm that this was not successful.

1) What i saw was a long delay in any internet / lan traffic.
2) No sound did come out of the speakers.

What i did,
Downloaded the TAR,
Upgraded the environment to the Beta 2 6.0
rebooted and made sure the advancedsetting was reset back to default.
tried to playback music and DI.
enabled debug and run another test to capture what was happening.

I will be now downgrading back to the working version. Can you please confirm how and where i should send out the debug logs?

Please note that the time for testing and debuging was from 23:07 to 23:09.

Thank you
Feejus
Pages: 1 2 3