Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on AFTV freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Im new to Kodi, installed it (helix build) on my amazon fire tv few weeks back. I have all my videos on qnap nas. I have connected my kodi on fire tv to qnap using NFS. It used to play without any issues but from yesterday don't know what happened, after a few minutes video freezes and i have to restart fire tv.

I haven't changed any settings in the meantime. I have tried isengard & SBMC build still the same issue, i have disabled hardware acceleration, still the same issue. I don't think any in this setup was updated as well. I don't know if it is a problem with qnap or fire tv. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks
Srini
I have the exact same issue. Bought a Fire TV for my 2nd TV. I have a Zotac Zbox running windows 8 under the exact same setup and it works flawlessly with SMB. I've tried both SMB and NFS on my Fire TV. The initial Helix didn't work so i uninstalled and installed isengard and it worked for a day. Then that stopped working I setup an NFS share. That worked for a day and then it started buffering too. I restored my Fire TV to factory and tried again .... no luck. I'm at my wit's end.

On a side note upnp works but you can't use the scrapers with that share.
Don't know if it's a problem with Kodi or qnap
Well considering it works on my Zbox I'm leaning towards the Fire TV. But I think it's a combination of everything because some people report it works fine. Unless there's something different in the coding of the Android versions vs the Windows versions.
Don't know if this'll help.

http://xbmclogs.com/pm6zdxibz

Going to try resetting aftv to factory defaults and try again.
I already tried that and no luck. You?
No luck for me as well. Don't know what to do...
I tried the 3 sec reset on my qnap and kodi seems to be working fine now. this resets the network services on my qnap.