Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu - Lightdm won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, I'm really really disappointed right now. Last evening I was watching a movie and after several hick ups the system finally froze.
I could reboot the system in TTY1, but after the reboot instead of lightdm coming up, there was just a black screen. Tried to update the system,
but i got stuck... So I wanted to simply reinstall the system. Thought this would be the easiest way, but now this is really disappointing:

After reinstalling (with all the small problems, I'm gonna have to fix again, e.g. small dpi) and updating Kodi again doesn't start!
Nor does lightdm Sad simply a black screen

dmesg shows some errors, for example:
Code:
NVRM: Your system is not currently configured to drive a VGA Console on the primary VGA device. The NVIDIA Linux graphics river requires the use of a text-mode VGA Console. Use of other console drivers including, but not limited to, vesafb, may result in corruption and stability problems, and is not supported
Code:
ACPI Warning: \_SB.PCIO:IXCE.IGPU._DSM: Argument #4 type mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package] (20131115/nsarguments-95)

don't know if this could help... Tell me if you need something else
Complete HTPC specs would be nice. GPU is most important.
Sorry bothering you.

It was so simple: The /home partition was full .... ups