Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMDB Movie Scraper not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(2015-11-13, 05:06)baraqyal Wrote: [ -> ]Though it does beg the question as to why they are parsing JSON with a regex? Don't get me wrong, I love using regexes, but when parsing results from an API that is being updated regularly? Probably not a good idea.

(2015-11-13, 10:30)shiggity Wrote: [ -> ]JSON should *NOT* depend on order, but it seems that the historical scraper xml uses regex, which is not good for this. I don't want to be all "do this do that" but I definitely agree, an actual JSON parser in the scraper code would be awesome. I could help somewhere if I need be. I didn't get my BSCS for nothing dammit! Smile

it's a relic from the old days, when only a few sites were available (imdb and the likes) that provided metadata info.
none of those had an api, so we had to scrape the website itself.

there's been talk (but no more than that at this point) to rewrite the scraping system and allow for python based scrapers
instead of the xml parsers we have now.
It seems it is not working again, but this appears to be known. I agree with previous user posts this started yesterday for me too. I did a search on the TMDB website for API changes, but could not find any per se. Not a big user of their forums.

Someone please tell me what logs you need and how and I will be very happy to upload.

Running Win 8.1 PRO w/ MCE
Kodi 15.1
TMDB V. 3.8.5

I will assume they changed their API for access to the site.

I tried to follow along for doing the manual patch, but not sure how to achieve this.

I am only posting as this seems to be a known issue and is being worked on in case another set of logs or assistance is needed from a different environment. I have the scrapper hitting two different drives and approximately 800 titles on it. Generally 8 to 10 are added a day. Though lately it has been TV shows I have been working on, but started at the movies yesterday full speed when I noticed this.

If I can be of any better help let me know.
There is still no update available to 3.8.6.. so we have to wait for it.

Manually update in Kodi-folder>addons>metadata.themoviedb.org>tmdb.xml with shiggity's code (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2159347) doesnt work for me. I replaced the code in this file and started Kodi again and no new film got scraped. Did I forgot something? Undecided

(Win7, Kodi 15.2)
I took the Original files from the repository and overwritten them in the Kodi install directory.
Now I get the message it can't connect to the remote server Sad
Patience is a virtue Tongue
Jeeez guys, you really can't wait a couple of hours, right?
To force update the addons go to system > Add-ons > Side menu (on the left) > Check for updates

@Sorgod - I said above not to do such things without you know what you are doing, right? It is just not a wise move...

I must say, it is always happening to new guys with only a few posts... Pfew...
(2015-11-13, 12:28)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]Jeeez guys, you really can't wait a couple of hours, right?
To force update the addons go to system > Add-ons > Side menu (on the left) > Check for updates

@Sorgod - I said above not to do such things without you know what you are doing, right? It is just not a wise move...

I must say, it is always happening to new guys with only a few posts... Pfew...

I think with "Pfew" u mean "Hello and welcome new user, maybe in the future u could be a valuable Kodi-Member" Blush

Maybe no wise move, but I want to learn. I post my way to get some help.
Hm, I didn't even check the version number before, woops. I'm currently at 3.8.5, which number should I look forward to?
LOL no, I definitely didn't mean that. Pfew means I dislike if users (especially new ones) think they are smarter and they don't need to follow advice given a few posts before.

...but I provided the solution as well, right? By following that you can be a happy camper and say thank you...
(2015-11-13, 13:10)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]LOL no, I definitely didn't mean that. Pfew means I dislike if users (especially new ones) think they are smarter and they don't need to follow advice given a few posts before.

...but I provided the solution as well, right? By following that you can be a happy camper and say thank you...

Why do you mean, I think I am smarter than you or others? Thats only your interpretation. In this forum post people provided 2 ways to get the result and I wanted to try the manual way. Its not a matter of disregarding your person or your hints - its a matter of curiosity and desire to learn. If I didn`t get the result or get some help, I reinstall Kodi. If all people in the world only do things, they are pretty sure about it - nothing will happen. Everytime at every stage of knowledge you could learn something new by failure. I figured I do it the way it was described - so when I am ready to test it do you think? If u feel bugged by me - sorry.
(2015-11-13, 13:07)Renard Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I didn't even check the version number before, woops. I'm currently at 3.8.5, which number should I look forward to?

On this site olympia wrote the changes will be in 3.8.6.
I see what you mean, but if you knew how many, especially new users are screwing up their setup by doing manual, non-controlled hackeries, then you would understand my position. Sometimes the hack is not ok at all, sometimes people cannot apply the hack.

...and if you need to choose between an advice from a Kodi Team-Member and any other random user, then are you saying it's appropriate to take the other one? Did you see what happened to LiquidAtoR above? That's what I am talking about.

...and if your library and other configurations are fully populated with all your movies, then it is not so easy to resolve by re-installing Kodi.

...bit off topic but let me bring another aspect into attention here about the trial and error - no problem I will reinstall approach. I am not fingerpointing on you here, I am talking in general now. People reinstalling Kodi and re-scraping their entire library every day will create unnecessary high burden on the content providers. There are victims of this; just see that we have no music video scraper now, because theaudiodb.com was hit badly by trafic. Potentially because of people rescraping their music videos too much and/ or scraping their TV library with the music video scraper, etc.
TO ALL: force update the add-ons on the above described way and you will get the scraper updated to v3.8.6
Thank you for the fix.

Is anyone else perhaps getting 2007 as the release date whenever they scrap a movie using v3.8.6?
About 6 months ago I manually updated tmdb to v3.8.5 in XBMC v12.2. I recently upgraded to KODI 15.2. Looks like manually updating that in 12.2 caused my updating in 15.2 of that add-on to fail. Lesson learned I guess. I'll give it another try later to be sure.
Ah, so this is why scanning wasn't working last night Smile I ended up using Ember
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18