Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMDB Movie Scraper not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Thank you guys for the great work you've done.

I just updated to 3.8.7 and everything seems fine except for the artwork downloader. It is not getting any artwork at all. I have tried a couple of movies with no luck and then removed one of the existing ones and tried and download its artwork but nothing came in.

Is anyone facing the same problem?
(2015-11-15, 00:21)A_bahamdain Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you guys for the great work you've done.

I just updated to 3.8.7 and everything seems fine except for the artwork downloader. It is not getting any artwork at all. I have tried a couple of movies with no luck and then removed one of the existing ones and tried and download its artwork but nothing came in.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

same yesterday.. re-load the film title... and after the artwork works fine. ( with 3.8.7 )

for me aeon mq5 + artwork downloader.. i set manually with "gui mode" for clearart and disc artwork... the match works fine after re-load manually the title...

with 3.8.6 my " x-men 2 " show "1958" ahahahhahahaha... today 3.8.7... reload... all ok.

cheers.
Kodi 15.2
TMDB Scrapper 3.8.7

I have been and continue to experience a problem with the movie sets not scrapping properly. This started a couple weeks ago on 3.8.5.

Had been waiting for an update to come along, hoping it would fix it.

Today, was looking around and found new threads on the subject of the new API over at TMDB, and ended up here in this post.

So, to check, I cleaned my library and did a complete re-scan after removing and then re-adding my movie repository.

The movies still scrap the basic information just fine ( title, actors, genre, etc ), but the movie sets are still not being downloaded properly.

Tried to use the log uploader, but it keeps erroring out. Seems to be a python timeout error.

Here is an excerpt for 1 movie : Debug Log Excerpt
Hello everyone,

I had the same problem a few days ago with my OpenELEC 3.2.3 - Frodo 12.2 - TMDB Scraper 3.7.12

(Why Frodo 12.2?!? Because I love Ace skin and I don't want to lose my favourite skin... ;-) )

@cartucho (specially for you...)
I installed the TMBD Scraper 3.8.7 on my system, and it works fine! (Title, actors, genre, year, etc... IN FRENCH for me)
I don't know if the movie sets are downloaded properly (I'll test it tomorrow)
I found the zip here : http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...viedb.org/
I chose the GOTHAM version because the last version for FRODO is 3.7.12 on the mirror.
I manually installed the scrapper via the zip file (in the extensions menu) and voilà!

Sorry for my English, I'm belgian :-)

Hope this information help others !
(2015-11-15, 04:26)ynnebx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I had the same problem a few days ago with my OpenELEC 3.2.3 - Frodo 12.2 - TMDB Scrapper 3.7.12

(Why Frodo 12.2?!? Because I love Ace skin and I don't want to lose my favourite skin... ;-) )

I installed the TMBD Scrapper 3.8.7 on my system, and it works fine! (Title, actors, genre, year, etc... IN FRENCH for me)
I chose the GOTHAM version because the last version for FRODO is 3.7.12 on the mirror.
I manually installed the scrapper via the zip file (in the extensions menu) and voilà!

Great!!!!!!!!!!
@ynnebx thanks for the info! I do it tomorrow.
One last question: Do you uninstall TMBD Scrapper 3.7.12 before this?
No you won't need to.
(2015-11-15, 00:58)pmm3437 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 15.2
TMDB Scrapper 3.8.7

I have been and continue to experience a problem with the movie sets not scrapping properly. This started a couple weeks ago on 3.8.5.

Today, was looking around and found new threads on the subject of the new API over at TMDB, and ended up here in this post.

So, to check, I cleaned my library and did a complete re-scan after removing and then re-adding my movie repository.

The movies still scrap the basic information just fine ( title, actors, genre, etc ), but the movie sets are still not being downloaded properly.

Tried to use the log uploader, but it keeps erroring out. Seems to be a python timeout error.

Sets are working fine here; I can't reproduce the issue.
@cartucho -> No I did not uninstall version 3.7.12 before ;-)
(2015-11-15, 05:44)cartucho Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-15, 04:26)ynnebx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I had the same problem a few days ago with my OpenELEC 3.2.3 - Frodo 12.2 - TMDB Scraper 3.7.12

I installed the TMBD Scraper 3.8.7 on my system, and it works fine! (Title, actors, genre, year, etc... IN FRENCH for me)

Great!!!!!!!!!!
@ynnebx thanks for the info! I do it tomorrow.
One last question: Do you uninstall TMBD Scrapper 3.7.12 before this?

@cartucho -> No I did not uninstall version 3.7.12 before ;-)
Confirmed, 3.8.7 works great in RASPBMC, Frodo 12.2
Thank you all !!!
(2015-11-14, 18:27)tievolu Wrote: [ -> ]I have 3.8.7 and it's still not scraping properly. It acts as though it can't connect to the web, which is the same behavior I was seeing with 3.8.5.

Is anyone else still having problems?

False alarm. The library update wasn't picking up the files it failed to process properly with 3.8.5 (presumably because the files weren't "new" anymore). I had to manually go and force a scrape for these files.
(2015-11-15, 09:52)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-15, 00:58)pmm3437 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 15.2
TMDB Scrapper 3.8.7

Sets are working fine here; I can't reproduce the issue.

Previous observed functionality was that, when a movie that is part of a set was added to the DB, the collection became a selectable option when looking at movie sets ( Videos -> Movies -> Sets ).

"Since version 11 "Eden", movie sets data is downloaded automatically from online scrapers when you scan movies into the library." - from WIKI

Currently, this does not function. I can manually create a set and assign movies, but the download portion does not happen.

I can ( and have ) reproduced this issue using fresh installs of both 15.1 and 15.2 into new virtual machines with only Win 10 installed ( no non OS software ).

Using a test set of all 6 Star Wars movies ( which I verified are properly registered as a collection on TMDB ), adding the file source and allowing Kodi to scrap, the Collection does not show up in the list of Sets. It also does not appear in the context menu for the movies themselves. This happens while using the internal DB, and when using an external MySQL DB as described in the WIKI.

I have further investigated, and determined that switching back to the Universal Scrapper ( 2.6.7 ) does not solve the issue either.

Looking at the tables in the mysql instance that Kodi creates, I see that :
- in the movie table, idSet is NULL
- the sets table is empty

I can then manually add the set, and check the tables. The collection shows up in the sets table, and the idSet index points to it in the movie table.

This means that, either the data is not being properly retrieved, or is not being properly inserted into the DB anymore.

Since both these information add-ons make use of TMDB.org to grab set information, and since there have been recent updates to the API over there, suggests it is a retrieval issue.

From this we can infer that it is not an interface issue, since the DB does not contain the data. It is therefore a problem with either the retrieval of the information, or applying it to the current DB.
I have further narrowed this down to a problem with the batch scraping being done when adding a file location. Even when selecting to use the scraper as the source, in the presence of local data ( in the form of an NFO file ), it seems to be reverting to filling from the NFO instead of pulling from TMDB.

My final test, after removing the NFO files, was successful and the sets were scraped successfully.
Hi to all, i'm having big problem with the TMDB add-on, i'm using Frodo 12.3 on a QNAP 269L NAS, it was all perfects since some months ago, when suddendly XBMC decided to go crazy.
No more addons available by the official repo (it's completely empty) and no more movie scraping by TMDB (but the TTVDB for the tv series was still working, so it's not a net problem).
I've tryed every thing i read on internet, even a complete reinstall, no good.
Yesterday i came on this forum and saw the 3.8.7 version of the Addon to fix my problem, ok, i've downloaded it, and tryed to install...."Dependencies not met" , what i'm doing wrong ?
I think thats a problem connected to my empty addons list, but i cant' figure how to fix it...
Yes, it is. You should simply update to isengard if that is possible on your hardware
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18