Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: dlna upnp lose wireless connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Computer is an x64_4 architecture, running Ubuntu Vivid (15.04) (running it headless), connected via wifi to the wireless router.

Router is Asus RT-AC87R, firmware version 3.0.0.4.378_5134

Kodi 14.2, GIT 7cc53a9, compiled 04/03/2015, installed from PPA-team-xbmc

(I do not include a Kodi log, because the error doesn't appear in Kodi.)

Ever since I installed Kodi (sometime within the past couple months), I've noticed that every few hours my computer "loses" its wifi connection. By running only one application at a time on the computer, I determined that it is Kodi that causes the problem. More specifically, when I enable the UPnP service in Kodi, I get the problem. To avoid the problem, I have to stay with the default settings, which is NOT to enable the UPnP service. But, then my mobile clients - e.g., BubbleUpnP - can't "see" Kodi.

Here is the error message that the enabled UPnP service in Kodi produces in the router's log:

miniupnpd[986]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted

(I found this thread for Plex, but I don't know if it would apply to Kodi in this case, so I don't know if the problem is with Kodi or the router, or both: https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/1...ntry688890 )

Thanks for any help in solving this problem.
that forum post says it all. The fix is on the miniupnpd side in the router.
Thanks. Just so I am clear about what you are thinking:

You believe that even though that thread was talking about Plex and the Asus router, the issue is the same regarding Kodi and the Asus router? For purposes of this particular problem, Plex and Kodi are similar?
it might be yes. But it's still possible that miniupnpd needs another, kodi specific, fix.