Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraper Finds TV Episodes, But Kodi Won't Display Them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe my scraper is picking up all my TV shows. However, for some reason, absolutely no shows appear under, Home Menu -> TV Shows.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Details as follows.

I added a Source with the following settings:
Name: tv shows
Folder: /media/harddrive/tv/
Contains: TV Shows
Gets info from The TVDB

As Kodi scans, I can actually see it listing my TV shows on the screen

Plus, I see messages like these in the kodi logs
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match /media/harddrive/tv/My Show/Season 1/My Show - 1x01 - Title.mkv (s1e1) [[\\/\._ \[\(-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]

So, I believe I am using an acceptable naming format.

When scanning is finished, I can go to the Kodi web interface (on port 80), -> TV Shows -> My Show

From the web interface, I can can see all episodes, thumbnails etc and I can even start an episode.

Unfortunately (on the TV UI), if I go Home Menu -> TV Shows, I see absolutely nothing.

I have tried updating library, but to no avail.

Oddly enough, if I use the Amber or Confluence themes, I can see several TV titles under "Recently Added". However, Title, Genres etc are completely empty

Incidentally, I have no probs with movies.
My sys info is as follows:
H/W: Raspberry PI 2
S/W: OSMC running Kodi (Compiled May 23 2015)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brett Sh
Sound a bit weird Smile Hide watched enabled? Debug log (wiki) please.
Hi mkortstiege,

Thanks for the quick reply

Logs are here:
http://pastebin.com/MNmSixFq

Incidentally I experimented with both the "1x01" & "s01e01" naming format. Kodi seemed to detect them both.

Also, as previously mentioned, no problems with movies.

I am at work right now, but I will check "Hide watch enabled" tonight. Although, there are episodes that have not been watched that still don't appear.

thanks again.

Regards

Brett Sh
(2015-06-01, 17:06)BrettSh Wrote: [ -> ]I believe my scraper is picking up all my TV shows. However, for some reason, absolutely no shows appear under, Home Menu -> TV Shows.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Details as follows.

I added a Source with the following settings:
Name: tv shows
Folder: /media/harddrive/tv/
Contains: TV Shows
Gets info from The TVDB

As Kodi scans, I can actually see it listing my TV shows on the screen

Plus, I see messages like these in the kodi logs
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match /media/harddrive/tv/My Show/Season 1/My Show - 1x01 - Title.mkv (s1e1) [[\\/\._ \[\(-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]

So, I believe I am using an acceptable naming format.

When scanning is finished, I can go to the Kodi web interface (on port 80), -> TV Shows -> My Show

From the web interface, I can can see all episodes, thumbnails etc and I can even start an episode.

Unfortunately (on the TV UI), if I go Home Menu -> TV Shows, I see absolutely nothing.

I have tried updating library, but to no avail.

Oddly enough, if I use the Amber or Confluence themes, I can see several TV titles under "Recently Added". However, Title, Genres etc are completely empty

Incidentally, I have no probs with movies.
My sys info is as follows:
H/W: Raspberry PI 2
S/W: OSMC running Kodi (Compiled May 23 2015)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brett Sh

FWIW, I had an issue where my movies weren't being picked up I fixed it by changing my movie scraper in my movie folder directory.

1. I installed the universal Movie Scraper: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Universal_Movie_Scraper
2. went to videos\files\MyMovieFolder then opened up the context menu
3. Selected Change Content
4. Selected Universal Movie Scraper under "Choose a Scraper"
5. Rescan the directory.

That picked up all the files I was missing. I know yours is with the tv shows but maybe try to change the scraper for the tv shows and see if that fixes it

Good luck.
(2015-06-01, 23:16)BrettSh Wrote: [ -> ]Logs are here:
http://pastebin.com/MNmSixFq

There's no obvious issue visible. Unfortunately this is a log snippet and lacks additional information.
Thanks mkortstiege,

Your suggestion that I disable "Hide Watched" is what fixed my issue.

I never *ever* would have guessed that. In fact, I don't know how "Hide Watched" came to be enabled in the first place. I couldn't even find that setting under the Aeon Nox skin. Fortunately, it was easy to find using the Confluence skin.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Brett Sh
Glad to hear it's working as intended now. Thanks for reporting back.