Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to install Kodi on a few Amazon devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
This is my 1st post here. Got Amazon Fire TV the other day, installed Kodi and I love it.
I have a few friends and family members who want me to set up either Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Stick with Kodi for them.
I have two questions which I hope you can answer.

1) Can I install Kodi on the devices at my house and then deliver them to my friends? I am sure that they will have to do something on their end as they at least need to input their ip address? If this is possible, then please let me know what they will need to do (for each of the two types of devices). Do they need an Amazon account?

2) Is there a way I do not have to install Kodi from scratch each time in the 5 devices. That is, can I copy all the files from one device into the others or something similar??

Thanks!,
Jomoe
1. Yes. You can even unregister the stick from your Amazon account and have them register with their own account, and Kodi will still be installed. The device will insist on having an Amazon account, but it's easy to create a dummy account with no real information, just to get past that registration screen.

2. Try something like the backup add-on or manually copy files using ADB or the file manager (wiki). There are various guides linked on the Fire TV (wiki) wiki page and on http://aftvnews.com
I have not done it, but I think you can register to your account, install Kodi, unregister, then let them register to their account (best if they 'buy' Kodi app as well, so it will show up in Recent menu.

I don't think there is any easy way for multiple FTV installs, as you'll need to register each one into an account to install.
(2015-06-02, 03:03)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes. You can even unregister the stick from your Amazon account and have them register with their own account, and Kodi will still be installed. The device will insist on having an Amazon account, but it's easy to create a dummy account with no real information, just to get past that registration screen.

2. Try something like the backup add-on or manually copy files using ADB or the file manager (wiki). There are various guides linked on the Fire TV (wiki) wiki page and on http://aftvnews.com
1) OK, this is great!. 2) I will read up on this as you suggested.
Thanks!
Jomoe
Hi,
I have a few AFTV boxes and sticks that I will be installing for my friends. I am still (easier post was made) wondering what is the easiest way I can install the same exact kodi (ie same addons) on all the boxes/stick.
I was thinking that I can copy the root files from one box and transfer them to others(?)
Any advice will be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Jomo
Merged threads..
(2015-06-09, 05:46)jomoe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have a few AFTV boxes and sticks that I will be installing for my friends. I am still (easier post was made) wondering what is the easiest way I can install the same exact kodi (ie same addons) on all the boxes/stick.
I was thinking that I can copy the root files from one box and transfer them to others(?)
Any advice will be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Jomo

I would think you would run the risk of bricking the devices if they are not the exact same firmware version. You would be better off installing Kodi the using the backup/restore tool to automatically configure all your settings and add-ons