Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork downloader for AniDB [C++]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys.

As some of you know, when using the AniDB scraper you can't use the Artwork downloader if you chose to use the AniDB ID to store your shows with. This means if you want to have extra fanart you have to use the TVDB ID instead, which means all shows/ova's usually get compressed into a single show rather than being separate.

I've made a C++ tool that checks your Kodi database for shows, cross-references the AniDB ID to get the TVDB ID, and then downloads artwork for the show.

This basically means that you can get extra fanart and at the same time use the AniDB ID for storing the show.

I literally finished this today so there may be bugs, use at your own risk. It shouldn't modify any existing files but do take a backup of your Kodi databases beforehand.

Download:
Dropbox

Configuration:
You have to edit the config.xml file before you can start using this software, the <database> and <filter> field is what you need to update.
<database> - The path to your video database, usually /home/<username>/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos<#>.db
<filter> - A path filter that identifies your anime shows, if your anime shows are in the folder "/home/john/Media/Anime", either set "/home/john/Media/Anime" or just "Anime". If you do not separate your anime shows and your regular shows you can leave it blank, just keep in mind you may get mismatched ID's as some TVDB and AniDB ID's overlap.

Prerequisites:
You will need cURL, Sqlite3 and XML2 for this to compile, these can usually be installed by something like:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

Compiling and running:
Once you have the prerequisites installed, just run "make" from the unpacked directory and then launch the software by running:
Code:
./dist/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/fanart

Feel free to modify it as you wish, I am not sure if anyone will get any use out of it but maybe someone can use it as a base for their own software's interacting with Kodi or TheTVDB.

Stefan.