Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPnP not announcing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having issues on one of my Kodi installs (call it Kodi 1) where it does not seem to announce the UPnP server. I will have the UPnP server enabled when checking with a client, but it doesn't show up. I have tried with nPlayer and VLC on an iPad and BubbleUPnP on an Android device with the same results. I have two other Kodi installs (Kodi 2 and 3) with the same builds that work well on both the iPad and Android device. All Kodi installs are hardwired. I have tried the problem Kodi install on two networks with the same results (having other installs working okay on the networks). With Kodi 2 and 3, I can have them running for any length of time and when scanning with an UPnP client, it will show up within a few seconds. With Kodi 1, it will never show up until I go into the settings, under services, and toggle the option, "Share video and music libraries through UPnP". If I don't have the client scanning when I toggle it, Kodi 1 will not show up in the client. But if I am scanning with any of the clients when I toggle that setting, Kodi 1 shows up and I am able to view the library and play videos without issue. I have also done a fresh install and have the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Debug log paste: http://pastebin.com/LKan5aZN (I have reproduced having UPnP enabled, trying to find it, not able to and then disabling/enabling UPnP while the client is scanning)

2. OpenELEC 5.0.8 (kernel Linux: 3.17.8)

3. x86_64

4. Install was via USB with the generic build of OpenELEC

5. Kodi 14.2 Git: 7cc53a9

6. Problem can be reproduced by having UPnP enabled, having an UPnP client scan unsuccessfully for the server and then disabling/enabling the UPnP server setting in Kodi while the client is scanning to get it to show up.
Same exact problem when i used Kodi 14.x and same problem now in Kodi 15.1. I went through similar debug steps.