Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Is anyone else having issues with implementing profiles in Isengard?

When I set home page layout and colours for each profile it sets fine but on next login the layout is either back to default or if I have selected Top Menu layout (which is a great addition) I get both the Top Menu and the default layout at the same time.

After login, if I check the guisettings.xml it has topmenu and default layout set to true and the highlight, background and dialog setting back to default.

I am running Openelec 5.95.1 on RPi 2. Can post a log if it helps.

I have worked around it by editing the Home.xml file to skip the onload boolean check for the setting.

Thanks

Shane
Yeah, not sure how to deal with profiles, I've never used them. Will take a look when I get back.
Thanks, it looks like the guisettings.xml gets mixed up across profiles. The boolean check is maybe taking the selected layout value from the Master user xml file rather than the profile's one?

Shane
Just created a few new profiles to test. Set custom home layouts and color for each. Logged out of each user, restarted Kodi, etc and each time the profile settings were remembered.

Do you have your profiles each saved in their own folders? They should each use their own guisettings.xml.
(2015-06-07, 17:04)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Just created a few new profiles to test. Set custom home layouts and color for each. Logged out of each user, restarted Kodi, etc and each time the profile settings were remembered.

Do you have your profiles each saved in their own folders? They should each use their own guisettings.xml.

I have a Guest profile setup with the profile directory as a sub directory of the Master User, it has its own Guisettings.xml. I'll try deleting the Guest account and re-adding it and see if that helps.

Thanks

Shane

Update:

Ok so I reset Openelec to defaults and setup new users. The user Guest profile seems to remember layout and colours but the Master profile doesn't remember colours?

Weird but at least the layouts are remembered and working.