Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: newbie trying to listen to flac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an android based tv box running Kodi. How do I get flac to play on Kodi? Googled for a long time and can't seem to find anything but "install libflac8". Have no idea how to do that within Kodi. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Open Kodi, select flac audio file, press play. There are no additional requirements. What happens when you attempt to play a flac file? What does the debug log (wiki) say?
The files don't even show up. I have a folder on my network setup in the music folder. I click on the folder that has .flac files and nothing is showing. None of the files in any folders that I know have flac music in them show audio files.
Do other things on that same network share show up? It could be a permissions issue with just those specific files, as file sharing will often have "global" and per-file sharing permissions, which can sometimes get out of wack.
I checked the permissions. I guess some of them were not allowing access for some reason. I got the settings corrected. Now I see nearly all of the flac files. The only ones I don't are probably due to the Tag ID. I have a program I can fix those with. I am curious if anyone can share what they use as it may work better. Thank you!