Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Send youtube video from android to kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bonjour à tous,

I'm trying to easily send a video from my Youtube app on my phone to my tv with Kodi

They are of course on the same network but i haven't make any other connexion (like bluetooth or else)
I have activated zeroconf and airplay (?) but I don't know how to solve my problem

Thanks for your help
Yatse remote will easily do it
This app allows me to take control of my hard drive content, but I want to launch a youtube video from my phone, I can't see where to do that...
(2015-06-06, 14:32)arnogb69 Wrote: [ -> ]This app allows me to take control of my hard drive content, but I want to launch a youtube video from my phone, I can't see where to do that...

You need to add a Kodi installation. After that you can share a video to Kodi
(2015-06-06, 14:35)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]You need to add a Kodi installation. After that you can share a video to Kodi

Sorry for asking dumb questions, but where (and how) do I have to add a Kodi installation?
Quote:Sorry for asking dumb questions, but where (and how) do I have to add a Kodi installation?

Message #3

Official Kore remote
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....xbmc.kore
(2015-06-06, 17:21)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Sorry for asking dumb questions, but where (and how) do I have to add a Kodi installation?

Message #3

Official Kore remote
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....xbmc.kore

Well that's what I say, or I miss something... in this application I can only view the files I have on Kodi, or use it as a controler,
but what I want is to be on my phone, on Youtube, watch a video and send it to my tv
OK, I found it

If you install the app, you have to click on the "share" link on the top right and on "Play on Kodi"

Thanks guys
In the YouTube app on your phone choose share then play with kore.
I tried this, but it inly streams music. Videos dont work. Any idea why?
Works fine here yesterday.
I'm struggling with this as well. I have the remote installed on my android app and I have enabled zeroconf as well as airplay on Kodi

Firewall is switched off and both the phone and Kodi are on the same network. The remote itself works perfectly fine in controlling Kodi. All the functions of the remote itself seem to be working fine.

But no matter how much I try, I just cannot get YouTube videos to play on the media center. When I click the share icon in the YouTube video itself, I do get the option to play on Kodi but on selecting that the remote opens up and just says connected but nothing is playing

Any ideas?
Do you have the kodi YouTube addon installed on the media centre?