Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Youtube Channels not loading ANYMORE w/ PTVLive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Somebody please tell me what I need to do to get YouTube Channels and Playlists to load on PTVL w/ Android and Windows8.

As of the last 2, maybe 3 versions, NO youtube channels are loading for me anymore, except for "my subscriptions". It seems to be a permissions issue w/ Android is what I know so far.

80% of the time it takes during the initializing channels process is parsing youtube channels that never load.

10:02:51 T:2052978640 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: rename cache/FileLock.dat to cache/37922.lock
10:02:51 T:2052978640 WARNING: virtual bool XFILE::CPosixFile::Rename(const CURL&, const CURL&): Can't access file "cache/FileLock.dat" for rename to "cache/37922.lock"
10:02:51 T:2052978640 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CFile::Rename(const CURL&, const CURL&) - Error renaming file cache/FileLock.dat
10:02:51 T:2052978640 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: OSError

is what I'm seeing in the log posted below.

KodiLog

The above log is from the previous version, but has the same issues w/ the latest v0.6.2b. Please let me know if I need to provide a new, more recent log.[/code]

Here are my questions:
1. Is anyone running Kodi 14.2 (Helix w/ SU Permissions GRANTED) on Android 4.4.2. (KitKat - rooted w/ SU installed) running into this particular problem w/ youtube channels not loading?
2. I am unable to uninstall Bromix' YouTube plugin due to other addons using it. I wanted to test the other youtube plugin. How would I go about doing this?
3. As I said before, this was NEVER a problem prior to 2-3 versions ago. I'm not sure what I could have done differently for Android to stop giving permissions for this particular thing, but nothing else. Can anyone give me some insight into this?
4. If I configured these youtube channels on another machine (Windows8), would I be able to share these channels w/ my android box w/out needing permissions? - Last resort ----scratch that. PTVL gets stuck parsing the first YT Playlist channel I have when initializing channels. Did I miss something? Is the Youtube Playlist chan type no longer a feature on PTVL? Can't provide a log b/c this freezes Kodi.

This leads me to believe it's either a bug w/ the Youtube Plugin or PTVL plugin since it affects Android and Windows. Please correct me if I am wrong. Smile
2. Bromix's youtube plugin is the default one now. I'm not sure if you could switch to another one anyway, as PLTV is set to detect only the default Youtube plugin and the beta versions of Bromix's youtube plugin.
4. I'm also having this problem with PLTV on Windows, so Youtube parsing isn't fixed yet.
Thanks for the reply, SnesMaster. I'm pulling hair out over here. I believe you responded to my post in the other thread. Were you able to get PTVL to load youtube channels on your Android setup?

Edit: I stand corrected. My version is NOT 0.6.2b, but v0.6.2a, no matter how many times I confirm the installation of the update. I think I read earlier that there were some issues w/ this. I'm hoping the parsing issue is fixed on the newest version.

...Windows version, however, is up-to-date and still running into said YT issues.
My Android setup is pretty outdated and I haven't had time to update it. I might try tommorow.

As for PLTV not updating, it's because it's 34mb so it takes a bit longer to install.
Well, the only way to install the update is by opening PTVL through Kodi. I can go into Settings/AddOns and search for updates, but nothing turns up. I can also "view information" on PTVL, but "Update" is grayed out.

Once I hit the install, PTVL goes through the usual "Initializing Channels" phase.

What's weird is that w/ Android PTVL doesn't freeze, it just doesn't load the YT channels.

W/ Windows it Freezes Kodi while in the "Initializing Channels" phase. Can't get past the first YT channel parsing.
why does your kodi setup need root?

I have never allowed kodi SU
infact I don't think it ever requested it.

I am on kodi14.2 with rooted JB

superuser logs have no requests from kodi

not sure why it would.

that being said... I also have issue with YT
Well I tried with Kodi 14.2 with a rooted JB too, but Youtube wouldn't parse for some reason. It just skiped it with some strange error, saying it couldn't get information about the Youtube channel, despite the info being displayed a few lines up. Other media I quickly tried worked, so it's a similar problem. Confused

Maybe my setup is wrong.

http://pastebin.com/BteWVbqL
snesmaster, did the YT playlists contain more than 50 videos. I saw that you mentioned this in the other thread, and I found it to be true for windows, but haven't tested on Android.

50 or less works
51 or more doesn't work
(2015-06-08, 00:24)harpua1982 Wrote: [ -> ]snesmaster, did the YT playlists contain more than 50 videos. I saw that you mentioned this in the other thread, and I found it to be true for windows, but haven't tested on Android.

50 or less works
51 or more doesn't work

Not getting many logs, but I found another bug with youtube & playlists... fix in next update.
i cant play with this stuff much on the weekends...(honeydo lists...lol) if it is still an issue tomorrow afternoon...I will get you a log.
This addon must create multiple calls of 50 IDs. The APIv3 doesn't support calls with more then 50 IDs.

But I see everything is under control Smile
(2015-06-08, 01:02)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]This addon must create multiple calls of 50 IDs. The APIv3 doesn't support calls with more then 50 IDs.

I've been able to get more than 50 id's from a playlist thru multiple calls by using youtube pagination references in each api call... "pagetoken"
(2015-06-08, 02:35)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-08, 01:02)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]This addon must create multiple calls of 50 IDs. The APIv3 doesn't support calls with more then 50 IDs.

I've been able to get more than 50 id's from a playlist by using youtube pagination references in each api call... "pagetoken"

Are you sure? There's definitely something wrong with the coding for nextPageToken. I've noticed that PLTV is only grabbing 50 IDs and then it's duplicating them for the channel.

Just for fun I changed it to prevPageToken and it parsed 50 items instantly. Changed it back to nextPageToken and it hanged.
(2015-06-08, 00:24)harpua1982 Wrote: [ -> ]snesmaster, did the YT playlists contain more than 50 videos. I saw that you mentioned this in the other thread, and I found it to be true for windows, but haven't tested on Android.

50 or less works
51 or more doesn't work

It was just two channels. CinemaSins and RT, but none worked for some reason. Maybe my Android setup is messed up.
I'm not talking about the pagetoken....I'm talking about these calls

https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...t.py#L2742
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...t.py#L2792
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...t.py#L2794

Just be sure that the id query parameter is not comma separated with more than 50 IDs.
Pages: 1 2