Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duplicate Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Hope you can assist me with this issue.

I have two folders on a NAS drive with movies that now I want to migrate into one:

F1: smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/
F2: smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/

Movies are moving from F2 to F1, moved the movies from F2 to F1.

Run SQL updates:

UPDATE path SET strPath = REPLACE(strPath,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/', 'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');
UPDATE movie SET c22 = REPLACE(c22,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/', 'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');

update movieview set strFileName = replace(strFileName,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/','smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');
update movieview set c19 = replace(c19,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/','smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');
update movieview set c22 = replace(c22,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/','smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');

update movie set c19 = replace(c19,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/','smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');
update movie set c22 = replace(c22,'smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/','smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/');

When I open Kodi its all working, I can play all the movies as normal from the new location.

Problem is when I scan for new content it then finds the movies that were already in F1 again and duplicates all these entries with the same paths and won't let me remove one of them.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Many thanks
Try re-adding smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies 01/ as a source, then remove the source, and when it asks "Do you want to remove all items within this path from your library", choose yes.
That didnt make any difference, the problem is not the Movies that are being moved, the issue is with the movies that are already in the smb://MY-NAS/HD Movies/ which I am not touching during this change, I am just migrating more movies into this original folder. Bizarre
No matter what I try always duplicates the movies Sad

Even deleted all the sources made the changes and added again to no avail.

Tried moving all to the second folder and then change DB to point to that instead, made it worse as it then duplicated everything.

Are the file sources both kept on a local file and also on the database?

Cheers
Compare the path of both duplicates when you get info on them (select a video and press "i" on a keyboard, for example). Kodi is very picky and is even case sensitive about the paths. Any difference will result in duplicates. One path is being used as the source that was set in Kodi, and the other path is what is being set when the SQLite database is being updated.
Hi Ned the path is exactly the same and won't let me remove one, when I try it nothing happens, just stays there, did not have these issues when I moved the TV Series. Cheers