Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi setting being reset randomly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for looking all!

So the problem I'm having is I'm on Kodi, everything is working fine plays smooth, so on. But after a week, maybe a month, it's happened a few times, or even a few days of it being ok, I shut off my box one day and the next all my settings are deleted. All my afdons and repositorys might still be there but all setting are changed. As far as anything I had saved like video settings or audio settings, picture setting etc. It acts as if it's a fresh Kodi setup, but add-ons are still there. I will post and before and after picture...

If anyone has any info as to why it's doing this, or maybe how to resolve the problem. Please share ?

Thanks for looking!![/php]
Ok, so I guess I can post a pictures.. lol
If it only does it when you shut down the box, then perhaps that is a clue... Is the box being shut down properly each time? Is your firmware messed up in such a way that powering off makes KODI think it's back to a fresh startup? I recall seeing that one floating around here and think it was a permissions related issue where if you needed the permission and granted it rather than the firmware doing so, the next full power cycle required intervention... Time to search the forum to uncover your troubles, I think. I seem to recall another thread where it was suggested storage was filling up and KODI was unable to update a settings file or the like and that was causing it to revert to the stock settings, but I can't recall which file it was, but I think Koying was the one who figured it out. Maybe search his recent posts, for the last month or so? Good luck.
It's happened different times, I've even reflashed my box with different firmware.... It's gone as far as a month and been fine, to as short as 2 days. Always shut down correctly, and box ram isn't near full. It's been quite a hassle so far....

Thank your for the reply, any info as to what it could be is appreciated! I'll take a lol around!
You're welcome, for what it was worth... It'd probably help considerably to post the manufacturer/model and the standard request for a debug log is likely inevitable...
My box is a q8. Rockchip3288, mailt-t7 gpu, 2gb Ddr3, 8 gig Rom.

The debug stuff is where I'm the noob.