Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to simplify convoluted way to change volume of Onkyo Receiver with Yatse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been able to change the volume of my onkyo receiver within Kodi (passthrough audio) using the yatse app by remapping some of the controls with the remote.xml file. (placed in my userdata/keymaps folder)

The only thing is, it's convoluted and the volume is changing rather slow. Can somebody help me out to change this to a more easier way of doing this?

This is the code of my "remote.xml" file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<volumeplus>XBMC.RunScript(C:\path\to\python\script\volumeup.py)</volumeplus>
<volumeminus>XBMC.RunScript(C:\path\to\python\script\volumedown.py)</volumeminus>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>

This is the code of my volumeup.py script:

import eiscp
eiscp.eISCP('192.168.0.123').raw('MVLUP')

This is the code of my volumedown.py script:

import eiscp
eiscp.eISCP('192.168.0.123').raw('MVLDOWN')

I'm using this python module: https://github.com/miracle2k/onkyo-eiscp
Which I just extracted and placed in the same folder as my volumeup and volumedown scripts... (because the volumeup and volumedown scripts are making use of those python scripts)
It works but it is rather slow... Is there a way to make this more "responsive"... (Using eventghost or the official onkyo app changes the volume way faster.)

Thanks
I've solved the issue (partially) thanks to a great friend of mine, who is better known around here as myth...

However I still have 1 issue, I can't remap the <mute> tag...

<volumeplus>XBMC.Runscript(C:\path\to\pythonscript.py)</volumeplus>
<volumeminus>XBMC.Runscript(C:\path\to\pythonscript.py)</volumeminus>

works FLAWLESSY, so whenever I change/remap those buttons it works perfect... And Yatse is using those scripts when I press the volume buttons...

But changing the <mute> tag (to <mute>XBMC.Runscript(C:\path\to\pythonscript.py)</mute>) does absolutely NOTHING... it seems something else is going on to mute Kodi... Question is -> Which tag should I use to change/remap the muting in Kodi??

Does anybody know?

Thanks
Great idea! Although I don't have a suggestion on how to answer your question, I'm hoping you could add more details on your setup.
Is your kodi device connected to your Onkyo receiver via HDMI or other digital connection?
Had kodi been configured in pass-through mode?

The script+python module work (when using Python 2.7) but when adding them as remapped buttons nothing happens in Kodi. I assume it's because Kodi has been set to passthrough audio.