Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-11, 23:47)redderflag Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear!!

Here is one mod I suggest:
Please see if it is easy to achieve. If not dont bother.
In the infowall view, the images from the movie selected are showed behind the movie tile layout. We cannot see them anyway. Would it be possible to override this and just show a black background in this particular view?
Also, there is a blue bar at the bottom. Would it be possible to change it to black too!
IMHO the view will look clean!
What do you think?

Hi redderflag.

I'll leave the color scheme as it is. This is based on Aeon Nox and fits in with other parts of the system. You could change this yourself, takes a bit of editing and extracting textures, but if your up for that work away! Removing the background you could do by editing the xml file for that view.

I try to avoid smaller customizations like this as its a personal thing. I could change this for you, others would want it a different way and someone else might want it a different way again! So you can see it would get messy with different versions! Smile
Thanks for the reply! I understand! Will try poking around the view..
Actually, for the background images. Just go to the settings for skin and switch off fanart.

System->Appearance->Skin->Settings->General->Setup Background Images-> Toggle the Fanart to Disabled. That should do it.
(2016-01-13, 22:01)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, for the background images. Just go to the settings for skin and switch off fanart.

System->Appearance->Skin->Settings->General->Setup Background Images-> Toggle the Fanart to Disabled. That should do it.

Thanks!! Worked like a charm!
Doing a small bit of work on the skin this evening.

coops, if you could send me on the steps to reproduce your issue that would be great. The issue you reported where you enable the scope bars during the movie but they disappear again, I've never seen this happen so there might be certain steps that can show it so would be a big help.

I'm adding a new view, similar layout to the KodiFlix view from Madnox, I think there were a few interested in that view.
New view (based on KodiFlix from MadNox). If theres any other info people would like displayed, let me know. I have 'Aspect' added, but its a bit redundant as the aspect ratio is displayed in the info at the bottom. So other info can be added.

Changes have been added to the GitHub repo. Downloading the master zip should get them.

Note : Its only for Movies.
Really digging that look, Chris! [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Cheers, can't really take the credit for the layout Smile Built it based on the images in the MadNox thread. Its a nice view. Can be tweaked further. I havent got MadNox downloaded so I dont know exactly how it works, just what was on the images.

As the fanart display is larger than the display area I've added an animation that moves up/down to display all the fanart. This can be disabled using the left side menu and turning 'Fanart Animation' off. This will place the fanart centered, but it will be slightly cropped.

I haven't tried this on the projector yet so it might be a case that I'll edit some more things once I do. Will look into resizing the fan art tomorrow to remove the need/option for the animation/cropping.
Thank you for this great looking skin! I have recently put together a CIH zoom projection with a 2.40:1 screen and seriously appreciate the overshot masking here.

As a curiosity, how difficult would it be to dynamically recognize a 16:9 or 4:3 video and digitally scale it down to fit into the frame (creating the black bars on the sides)? This would be a great feature as it would work for TV shows, etc. without cropping the top/bottom. It would add yet another way to use the skin, by choosing to have or lose the black bars. Personally, I prefer to see the entire picture and have curtains mask the sides of the screen to "box" the video.

As an additional side note, I am a software developer and would definitely jump in on the GitHub project to assist if/when I am able to find the free time.
Cheers JTT. The auto zoom was something I wanted previously for 16:9 and 4:3. You can do this in the settings but unfortunately you can't access those settings via the skin itself. Sad
(2016-01-17, 14:09)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers JTT. The auto zoom was something I wanted previously for 16:9 and 4:3. You can do this in the settings but unfortunately you can't access those settings via the skin itself. Sad

I found the setting for the 4:3 videos in kodi, but how can be shrink the 16:9 to fit the 2:40:1 setup with black bars on the side? Thx..
You can resize the video in the video calibration menu. Can be resized to within the scope format. Keep in mind that this means if you have a 1080p video you will not be taking advantage of all the pixels (as you would be zooming out) and reducing it to aroound 800px height.
Has anyone tried this yet with Kodi 16? If so any issues? I tried it briefly last night night (for about 2mins) couldn't see any issues at a glance.
(2016-01-19, 14:35)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]You can resize the video in the video calibration menu. Can be resized to within the scope format. Keep in mind that this means if you have a 1080p video you will not be taking advantage of all the pixels (as you would be zooming out) and reducing it to aroound 800px height.

Thx!!