Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit of a breakthrough this evening in repositioning the subtitles automatically and resizing the image (16:9 resized to fit scope) for those of you who dont zoom in/out for 16:9 Smile
Ok, so I've got it working. It can automatically move the subtitle position up if the scope bars are on etc. I also have the zoom working aswell so that it makes the image smaller so that it fits in the 800px height with the bars either side. At the minute I have it on a key press. I just need to figure which way to use it. Scope bars on = subtitles moved up is obvious. Will work the rest out.

The only thing with this is if you manually move the subtitles or manually change the zoom then it will mess this up. Reason being there is a call to move the subtitles up, this moves them up a few pixels, so I call it x amount of times. So if the start point is off the subtitles will go to the wrong position. Same for the Zoom. If you manually zoomed out then click the button for auto zoom, it would go smaller again. So thats the downside! But it will be up to people if they want to use it. At least the option will be there.
Hi Funkd, can this been installed through add from zip? it's just that when I try to install it I get "dependencies not met" using jarvis on andriod nvidia sheild cheers
(2016-01-21, 09:21)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Funkd, can this been installed through add from zip? it's just that when I try to install it I get "dependencies not met" using jarvis on andriod nvidia sheild cheers

What way did you install it? It should work through downloading the master zip and install from zip.
(2016-01-21, 13:21)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 09:21)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Funkd, can this been installed through add from zip? it's just that when I try to install it I get "dependencies not met" using jarvis on andriod nvidia sheild cheers

What way did you install it? It should work through downloading the master zip and install from zip.

Yeah that's how I tried to install it I'll re-download it and try again just in case
Still the same getting error saying something like "dependencies not met xbmc gui 5030 or 530 not supported" it flashes up to fast to read correctly
What version of Kodi?
Hi its a Experimental version maybe that's the problem?
Ah maybe. Not sure though! If the previous version worked I would have thought this would have.
This is the first time I've tried to install this skin on this machine its new only had it a couple of days nvidia shield tv andriod os
Ah ok. Does standard Nox work?
Yeah standard Nox installed and works ok
I downloaded the master zip from GitHub to test and it installed ok. Not ssure why thats happening.
Just and update on the automatic repositioning of subtitles and the zoom.

The idea was that if you had 16:9/4:3 in the folder name AND you had the setting for "Resize 16:9/4:3" then it would automatically zoom out so that the video would fit on your scope screen. This was for people who didnt want to zoom their projector back out for 16:9 / 4:3 format video.

Similar for the subtitles. The idea was that subtitles would move up for scope and down for 16:9 when users zoom their projectors back out.

Just to make things easier! However the way I had it working doesnt work the best as Kodi saves the zoom value for each movie, then my method was zooming it out again.

So next step I'm going to check out the Kodi code and see if I can add a method to set the subtitle position and zoom level manually using a value.
Hi,

Final update for a while. I've update the release zip file. You can get it here : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/releas...ox.1.8.zip

For those who fancy a bit of experimenting, there is the Scope Nox Tools addon here : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/raw/ma....tools.zip

This is for people who rather resize the 16:9 / 4:3 videos (shrink them) to fit withing their scope screen instead of zooming their projector out.

Few warnings, if you manually change the subtitle position or the zoom amount in Kodi and then use these buttons they will be off.
For example, video, by default, is at 1.0 zoom. By clicking the zoom out button on this is drops back 24-25 steps to 0.74-0.75. If you manually changed the zoom to 0.80 and clicked the zoom out button, you would end up at 0.54-0.55. Same applies to subtitle position.

To use this :
Install the new skin
Install the addon
Go to Skin Settings and there should be a new option : 'Show Zoom/Subtitle Buttons for Non-Scope'.
If you select this option, there should be 4 new buttons on the OSD during video playback.
You must also allow control of Kodi via http port 80 as this uses commands to the web server.

See screenshot (top right) :

These buttons are for :
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Subtitles Up
Subtitles Down

The amount of zoom/subtitle repositioning is set to suit 2.35 and 2.40 screen formats.

If anyone tries it, let me know how you get on and as always if there are any other issues let me know also!