Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Apologies again, haven't been on here in a while. I tried the skin on Kodi 16 previously and it seemed to work. I'll uninstall everything again and install the latest RC and see what's going on. Will try and get it done by the weekend.
(2016-02-10, 06:47)MalevolentBunny Wrote: [ -> ]Suddenly got small black bars at top and bottom.

installed this skin a few weeks ago. Got it set to 2.35:1 9my screen aspect ratio). Was working fine.

Today, when i fired up the PC and play a 2.35:1 movie, I suddenly have small black bars at top and bottom (probably about 1/4 of height of normal black bars)

If I play the actual disc in my blu-ray player (that I made the MKV from), everything is fine

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing it.

When i press info, during playback, the info lines go to the physical top and bottom of screen

TIA

Mark

That's a strange one! Are the bars there all the time? Does toggling things like 16:9 osd or the scope bars move them?
(2016-02-16, 01:44)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. Apologies again, haven't been on here in a while. I tried the skin on Kodi 16 previously and it seemed to work. I'll uninstall everything again and install the latest RC and see what's going on. Will try and get it done by the weekend.

Thanks for looking into this, Chris. I did a fresh install of Kodi 16 and tried to install ScopeNox 1.8 but it was a no go. It was a clean install, which entailed also deleting my Kodi settings and profile. All from scratch.
Hi, ok I managed to reproduce the issue.

As a quick fix for now, if you open the zip file and edit the addon.xml file, change the following line :

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.6.0"/>

to

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>

And save it. You might need to extract the file, edit it, and put it back in the zip file.

Let me know how you get on.
(2016-02-16, 21:16)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, ok I managed to reproduce the issue.

As a quick fix for now, if you open the zip file and edit the addon.xml file, change the following line :

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.6.0"/>

to

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>

And save it. You might need to extract the file, edit it, and put it back in the zip file.

Let me know how you get on.

That did the trick, Chris.

Thanks!!!!!
Hello, a newbie here. Its my first time with Kodi so very new to this.

I am trying to install this on my Nvidia Shield and get the error "dependency not met 5.3.0" error. I have tried this on my mac and it works fine.

WINTS had a s similar issue on his nvidia on page 20. Just wanted to see if there is a way to install as currently cannot use it as majority of the screen is off the screen.

The install is straight from google store with no mods.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi Anks, the only way I got round it was to download the zip extract it and then add the extracted file in to the //Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons I used a program called Opus 11 so I could ftp to the SATV via windows
Thanks mate. that worked. However no luck with the add on, but thats not really required now.
Missed these messages, but good to see all got sorted Smile
What you guys think of the new default skin Estuary in the latest Kodi? I've downloaded the latest but haven't tried it out yet. Like the look of it though from what I've seen in the videos.
(2016-04-04, 16:32)Funkd Wrote: [ -> ]What you guys think of the new default skin Estuary in the latest Kodi? I've downloaded the latest but haven't tried it out yet. Like the look of it though from what I've seen in the videos.

I briefly looked at it but haven't tried it yet! It looks promising!
Not sure about Estuary. Seems to be too much focus on things like live tv, music etc. Something most users with scope screens consider to be clutter at best.
I think the mojority of scope nox users prefer movies only on the main view, some tv shows too.
(2016-04-11, 13:05)AEnz Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about Estuary. Seems to be too much focus on things like live tv, music etc. Something most users with scope screens consider to be clutter at best.
I think the mojority of scope nox users prefer movies only on the main view, some tv shows too.

For what it is it looks nice but I must agree, someone with a scope screen is probably only interested in movies and not all the other cool stuff. That is certainly the case for me.
Yeah its a nice skin. I doubt I'd use it myself.
Hi Funkd,

Thank you very much for your work on ScopeNox. It has made a world of difference in using Kodi in a CIH zoom setting. Just a couple of questions and one observation:
  1. Is it possible to toggle your skin scope settings via JSON-RPC?
    Right now I have a SimpleControl setup with a "wide screen" and "HDTV (16:9)" button on the ipad. Wife and kids just hit the "wide screen" button and the PJ will zoom to 21:9 setting. But they will still have to toggle the scope bar button and possibly "21:9 OSD" button on the OSD. It would be nice if I could eliminate this step by sending a JSON-RPC call via HTTP to Kodi.

2. Is it possible to adjust subtitle vertical position absolutely as opposed to relative up and down?
    That way, when 21:9 OSD is selected, the subtitle positions would be moved up to fit within the scope area. When 16:9 OSD is selected, the subtitle position would be moved down. In conjunction with toggling skin scope settings via JSON-RPC, this would be ideal.

3. It seems your scope bar is set for 2.40 aspect ratio as you are masking for 1920x800. I have a 2.35 screen so I changed the custom_1129_ScopeBars.xml to mask for 1920x816. I know this is very OCD of me, but I just want to point it out to any fellow CIH zoomers who noticed the tiny black bars on the screen after scope mask is toggled.
Again, thank you for the large amount of time you have put into this. Changing gui locations for each settings can be mind numbing. I very much appreciate you sharing your work.

-Thai