Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think confluence may be the last one I do. I'll keep Nox up to date. If people want to donate I might do other skins Laugh
Those fixes are now committed to GitHub. After changing the gamma settings on the laptop, I spotted a few other places that had alignment issues also.
Posting mostly to bookmark this topic.

I'm currently using an old popcorn hour with Eversion and my own scope skin. The hardware is in serious need of an update and I'm not too excited about their newer products. Kodi looks to be the best option except that I have a lot of unknowns with how it handles the 2:35 issue. This skin looks like it might be exactly what I'm looking for (at least size wise).
This is looking very promising...I think there is a Chromebox in my future.
Hi pfp-az

Regarding your question in the other thread :

"I'm noticing in the bottom photo that part of the actual image on top and bottom is cut off. Is this the way the skin works or just a quick Photoshop job?"

Thats the way it works, its mainly used when people are viewing movies like Interstellar that have a variable aspect ratio. So they want to watch the movie in 2.35 but when the 16:9 parts come on they dont want it 'spilling' on to the wall. This prevents that and means the those parts will appear 2.35 aswell.

I used to use PCH years ago, back with an A-110 I think it was! Havent seen any of the newer ones at all. Built a HTPC and installed OpenElec Kodi and it's been great.
Thank you. After finding this thread and reading more I assumed this was the case. It's a really nice feature as the changing aspect ratio movies are a real pain for us "zoomers", especially with a projector that automatically zooms. This feature can be turned on/off too, right?

One big question I have is if 1.85 movies would zoom back out so that the top/bottom would be on the screen and not cut off. I think this is the case but am not 100% sure.
Yeah there is a button on the controls to switch the scope bars on/off. If you were to do the zoom using the Kodi zoom option then the video wont be cut off. If you were to zoom out using the projector to make use of the full pixels then you will be able to do that fine. The only thing will be that the OSD (Play, pause etc..) will not be at the bottom, they will be higher up (like in the example with the bars off on the 16:9 video frame). Just viewing a 2.35 skin on a 16:9 screen.
One issue I've noticed with cast members is that there is no indication who they are or the role they are playing. I was wondering if this was just the way Nox handled this so I loaded that skin and this information was there. This would be most helpful to be included.

Hmmm, didnt see that before! Are you using any extra plugins? Will take a look when I get chance.
I don't think so. The only one I installed was "universal movie scraper"
Ah ok, I may have screwed it up while repositioning/resizing things. Good spot.
Here is another thing that seems to be a bit off, but it also exists in the original Nox skin.

Under Movies select Unwatched (or In Progress) from the submenu.

When viewing the Unwatched (or In Progress) movies select the back option.

You now end up in a rather odd and unexpected place.

Another really minor issue. The bottom of the Top 250 test is cut off.

Cheers. Will fix that too.

That 'back' button has always done that. It's a folder view. To get to the home screen there are other keys to use. Think other skins do the same, well ones that I've tried.
Another issue, this one when using the slim list view layout.
This view setting also appears to be ignored for lowlist and tripanel. I'm not sure if it should make a difference for biglist but it does not.

I doubt I'll use the setting but wanted to report it regardless.