Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio from DVD files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some DVD disks which I created from .avi files some years ago. They play perfectly well in a DVD player and have sound.

For each of the movies I copied the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to a separate folder on my server and updated them into TMM. But TMM has not extracted any audio details. The AUDIO_TS folder is empty but the movies have audio when played from a DVD player.

Is there anything I can do to get the audio details for these movies?
AUDIO_TS is always empty on DVDs
You should see all VTS*.VOB files in the media information tab, with video and audio codec.

For extracted DVD folders, it is required to have folowing structure:
//moviedatasource/moviename/VIDEO_TS
where the DVD folder is 1:1 copied there
Thanks myron. Not sure what you mean by moviedatasource but I've changed my folders to /CaryGrant/moviedatasource/Gambling Ship/VIDEO_TS/ and all files from VIDEO_TS on the DVD are copied to it. But no change.

Media Information shows video details but no audio and Media Files lists the .VOB files.
can you send us the logs after your reproduced this issue once again?
Just tried it - works fine for me.

delete the movie within TMM
click update
wait until all tasks are finished
send us the log via menu->bug report
Thanks for your help again myron. I deleted the movies and updated and still no audio details in media information. But I restarted Kodi and now I have audio so as far as I'm concerned it's fixed. Do you still want to see the logs?