Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Firetv remote on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where this thread should go, so I am putting it here. Mods, please feel free to move if required.

I just bought a FireTV remote (for a stick) from Amazon, along with an Asus bluetooth adapter for use with my Raspberry Pi running Openelec... but I have run into some issues.

First off, the new remote paired with the bluetooth adapter without issues, however the remote remained unresponsive. To make sure I did not have a defective remote, I paired it to my FireTV and all the buttons work accordingly, even in Kodi.

Since the new remote was paired to the FireTV, and I never use the voice command feature of the original remote, I took the old remote downstairs to my Raspberry PI. This remote paired without issue, and just about all the buttons function, with the exception of the microphone button and the context menu button. If I go into the keymap editor addon and choose a function to edit, I can reprogram all the keys except for those two... it's as if it does not register those keys presses.

Could the bluetooth adapter have an issue with certain buttons after paired? Unfortunately I do not have another bluetooth adapter to test with.

I did not have a chance to check, but does openelec have any command line tools that can verify if the system even recognizes the key being pressed?

Thanks in advance for the help!

*Edit* I am not really concerned about the microphone remote - being able to program that as a pseudo power button would be nice but not essential. Not having the context menu is quite frustrating and I would love to get that button working.
If I remember correctly, turn on debug logging and tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log |grep OnKey: from an SSH terminal.

With logging enabled, the keypresses are registered in the log.

Also if need be you could always assign the context menu to another key on the remote?
Thanks DarrenHill... I can see every key pressed, however those 2 keys do not register at all.
Connected the adapter to a Windows 10 PC... Microphone button recognized, but not the context menu or back button. "New" remote paired with Windows, same thing... no back and no context menu ( remote does not have microphone).

Other people have reported success, so I am assuming it's got to be the Asus 4.0 Bluetooth adapter I have.