Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I know this is a bit of a longshot, but is there anyone in the know that can shed light on what needs to change in Amlogic firmware to allow refresh rate switching on S905X (or potentially any S9** devices) SOC devices for Kodi Krypton in Android Marshmallow? Obviously the Wetek guys have got it working on S905-H and I think MiniX Neo u9-h does as well and I know that they are private companies that have spent $$ separating their products from the rest of the unsupported stuff, but I have been sifting through their firmware and can't find anything that seems to make refresh rate switching on Krypton work.

Any ideas?

PS I have got Libreelec Krypton running and that works fine with refresh rate switching and also have Kodi 16.1 / SPMC 16.1 working with ARR in Android by making the changes mentioned in the first post. I was just hoping that some kind person might be able to share what makes the abovementioned boxes work on Kodi Krypton on Android as well. There is the plugin which changes refresh rate, but sometimes that is a bit hit and miss.

Cheers
(2017-06-09, 05:25)kostaman Wrote: [ -> ]@woronczak
Did you read post Post: #106
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2577898

Yeah I did, but that doesn't really address what I was asking - what part of the Android firmware from those devices which currently work with Automatic refresh rate switching for Kodi 17 needs to be changed for devices that don't currently work (ie it already works in Android on some devices). I have been experimenting with custom roms for my S905x devices and am after a point in the right direction for the areas that might need changing to get this working (eg cherry picking from the working firmware).

Cheers
Where can I down load MXQ S905 Pro + 6.1 marshmallow
Hello,,
With Youtube Addon if I skip or forward, reward video (resolutions does not matter), sound will be only 10sec later. I tried Beelink MXIII and MXII II same issue. With 8.1.10, 8.2.1.1 also. This is LE 8 bug or  Kodi 17 because on Android with Kodi 17.4, 17.6 same problem. With 7.0.3.012l there is no problem. I hear sound immediately. I prefer 8LE because of Youtube 1080p.
Sound delay was because of MPEG-DASH. If I do not use there is no problem but resolutions max 1280x720.
The AAC 5.1 audio is transcoded to AC3 5.1 and is set to passthrough. But I am getting 7.1 AAC also as AC3 5.1 if transcode is enabled. If the transcode option is disabled I am getting 7.1 AAC audio as 2.0 PCM in the receiver. Any solutions?
(2018-02-12, 16:38)arun_97 Wrote: [ -> ]The AAC 5.1 audio is transcoded to AC3 5.1 and is set to passthrough. But I am getting 7.1 AAC also as AC3 5.1 if transcode is enabled. If the transcode option is disabled I am getting 7.1 AAC audio as 2.0 PCM in the receiver. Any solutions?

AC3 can only handle 5.1 - you can't transcode 7.1 AAC to 7.1 AC3 as that's not a real format. (E-AC3 supports 7.1 - but Kodi doesn't include that as a transcode output option)

If you are limited to SPDIF quality audio (either by using Toslink, ARC via your TV via HDMI, or because your platform doesn't support 5.1/7.1 PCM over HDMI) then 2.0 PCM or 5.1AC3 are your two options. 

HOWEVER if your environment (AVR, connection, platform) all support 5.1/7.1 PCM via HDMI - then disable passthrough and set your Kodi audio channels to 7.1 and Kodi will decode all audio to 7.1 PCM (so AAC 5.1 and 7.1, DTS HD MA, True HD, DD, DTS will all be decoded to PCM multichannel)

In my experience LibreElec on AMLogic is much better in this regard than Android.
When having the automatic refresh rate switch working, vsync should be disabled right?
my box is provided by my carrier here in greece called WIND .the manufacturer is "technicolor"
my problem is that with passthrough enabled i get sound on/off(on yamaha 485 amplifier on its screen there is a toggle DD/DTS with "decoder off")

with passthrough disabled sound is ok but on yamaha i see PCM not DD or DTS.

With WDTV media player everything works with passthrough!

but since wdtv is old i would like to migrate to android box but how can i fix the passthrough problem?

i dont know if i poset to the right topic.thanks and waiting for any help.
(2018-08-09, 12:57)fuorigioco1981 Wrote: [ -> ]my box is provided by my carrier here in greece called WIND .the manufacturer is "technicolor"
my problem is that with passthrough enabled i get sound on/off(on yamaha 485 amplifier on its screen there is a toggle DD/DTS with "decoder off")

with passthrough disabled sound is ok but on yamaha i see PCM not DD or DTS.

With WDTV media player everything works with passthrough!

but since wdtv is old i would like to migrate to android box but how can i fix the passthrough problem?

i dont know if i poset to the right topic.thanks and waiting for any help.
 these are the specs(couldnt edit previous post)

Technicolor Pearl (UZ4030)
SoC: Amlogic S905D
GPU: ARM Mali-450
Clients: Wind Hellas, Vodafone TV

android 7.1.1
h96 max rk3399 is a POS ... crap sounds I want my passthrough 

dts TrueHD supported my ass
in android settings click Audio Device / spdif passthought 
then try clicking Dolby settings
( "device hasn't support the dolby!") 
:S 

anyone know if the x92 will work ?
AMLogic Android devices that are running Android Nougat 7.x firmware have the required IEC61937 Audio support that will enable Kodi Krypton passthrough audio to work.

Alternatively you can dual boot into LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and everything will work.
(2018-08-21, 03:21)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]AMLogic Android devices that are running Android Nougat 7.x firmware have the required IEC61937 Audio support that will enable Kodi Krypton passthrough audio to work.

Alternatively you can dual boot into LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and everything will work.

well in my device stated a couple of posts before the option "audio output device" and "passthrough output device" are greyed out. and pass-through doesn't work. spmc works fine. (has 3 options PCM, RAW, IEC pass-through)
shame SPMC is no more "IEC pass-through" worked flawlessly
and having the option to configure what codec types received hardware acceleration was good as well , as could not get hevc2 file to run in hardware mode  

using kodi 18 video files played back better via software rendering ( half the cpu usage of SPMC) but sound keeps dropping in and out if AAC regardless how I set it up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11