Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Regular 64 bit builds for iOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
having regular arm64 builds would be helpful for anyone that is on a newer iOS device. I would build it myself but I sadly don't have a Mac, hackentosh, or a computer that can run a virtual machine.
If I can figure it out (no promises, as I'm horrible with git/compiling/xcode/etc), then I wouldn't mind posting such builds unofficially.
Ned Scott nope - don't bother with it. Its not just about figuring it out.LinusYang has a working 64bit tree for ios (outdated). The question as usual - what benefits does the OP think this would give?
It could make software decoding work better.
Which type of codec are you refering to. I have nothing in my library which my 64bit arm ios ipad doesn't crunch atm.
It would involve compiled versions of codecs that can be built with arm64 support.
He's asking for an example of something that can't be played by an ios 64 bit device.
Well there isn't anything the only thing is that it would pottentially run faster.
I think that is Memphiz's point :)
(2015-06-13, 17:41)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Which type of codec are you refering to. I have nothing in my library which my 64bit arm ios ipad doesn't crunch atm.

Interlaced x264

Sorry, couldn't help it Big Grin
won't work with 64bit - you can try it out with the testbuilds linusyang did ...