Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Information IMDB updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMC 2.0 installed. I am using XBMSP for my movie files. I go into the list of files and select 'Query Info For All Files'. The scan starts and for some files it just stops and does nothing while looking up the IMDB info. I can select Cancel to abort, but it never goes past that file. There are numerous files that have the same behaviour. One file is "Miss Congeniality.avi" or "A Goofy Movie". What is the problem here? If I go to imdb.com, I can successfully look up the movie name.
As a test, please try this...

1) make a new folder.
2) in that folder create an empty text file called "Miss Congenality.mpg". be sure to remove the ".txt" part from the file name.
3) navigate into this folder from Xbmc. make sure you see this fake file. try to use the "Query Info For All Files" option from there.

what happens? do you get a new title in title view or not?
That worked fine. I don't know why it failed when the real file was used in the full folder. I had to add a .nfo file in my folder that has the .avi file.
--
Interesting... Cant do much more without a debug log.

Enable debug mode. (Search wiki for bug reporting. There are instructions there.) Delete your UserData\database\MyVideos#.db file. Query All again. Be sure and let it sit there for like 10 minutes when it encounters a problem before cancelling. Then post the log file here.