Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SQLite client for Mac/Linux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll preface this by saying I have NO experience with any of this.
But I'd like to learn to edit the databases in XBMC, preferably on my Mac or Linux machines.

A forum search for SQLite and Linux/Mac returns no pertinent threads; could anyone with experience using SQLite on either of these platforms please share which client they prefer and why? I'm looking for something easy(ish) to use.
there definately are as sqlite is open source. http://www.sqlite.org for more info. lok thru their wiki.
try the kde one for instance. can't recall the name but jfgi.
Thanks for the responses. I think I've found something that will work for me.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles...p_id=87946

For the reference of anyone looking for a Linux or Mac OSX cross-platform SQLite in the future - hopefully this will help someone.

One other question about the extent to which information is scanned into the database: I gather that XBMC queries IMDB for information on video files so that any, for example, genre data for a television program (i.e. something IMDB wouldn't have any info about) would need to be added manually?

Specifically, what I'd like to do is pare down the genres (for example, I will NEVER have any musicals, which I loathe, so I'll get rid of that one) and then add a "Television" genre which ideally would have sub-"genres" for various shows.

I guess my question is if this is feasible, and within the grasp of a person with limited experience working with databases.
Most IMDB information is kept in a xml files, not the database, so the easiest thing to do is query and let it find some garbage. Then update the database and the xml file.
Excellent, thanks.
I checked out the xml files in the IMDB folder, and even a monkey could edit those.

Not that I'm prejudiced against monkeys.

I don't suppose there's any way to make sense of the filenames without opening them all individually.
they match the imdb number. tt#######.xml.