Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox DVD Remote Don't do Nothin'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
Iv been lurking on this forum for a week or so now. I just recently "acquired" a used Xbox brand DVD remote with the IR eye. I did not have this back in my "pre-mod" and XBMC days so I don't know if it actually works.

I have searched this forum, but I confess that I may be missing something obvious. The wiki manual gives me all kinds of how to edit key maps etc, but I cant get a definitive answer to the following question. "Should the Xbox Brand DVD Remote work right out of the box with a hard moded Xbox running XBMC?"

I plugged in the eye and pushed some buttons on the remote, nothing happens. In xbmc system info I see the eye is listed on the controller. I believe I will try and add the showremotecodes tag, but Im not sure if I do this in xboxmediacenter.xml or some other file since the 2.0 release.

On the outside chance that I need do "do something" else, can someone point me in the right direction.

FYI: Yes I did try new batteries, Im not a "complete" idiot you know.. Wink

Thanks
Sincerely
Me
wheatgrinder Wrote:Hi all,
I did not have this back in my "pre-mod" and XBMC days so I don't know if it actually works.

I believe I will try and add the showremotecodes tag, but Im not sure if I do this in xboxmediacenter.xml or some other file since the 2.0 release.

Yes, it should work straight out of the box. As for your "pre-mod" statement, unless you have softmodded and no longer have the ms dash, you can always try the ms dvd player, which is what the remote was specifically sold for.

Showremotecodes is now in advancedsettings.xml
Thanks for your support..

I picked up a new "used" remote on the way home from the office... worked right out of the box. Retailer that sold me the dead remote exchanged it without any headache. GameStop.

Thanks again..
How much did you pay for your remote ?
about 10$