Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I install Advanced Launcher?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm unable to install Advanced Launcher on Kodi 15. I'm trying to install the Angelscry repository from here, but I'm not allowed to download the .zip file. Is Advanced Launcher even supported for Kodi? Can I find Advanced Launcher in any other repository?

I'm trying to launch EmulationStation from within Kodi on Windows. If anybody knows how to do this whithout Advanched Launcher, please let me know.

Thank you,
iascah
Go to the github and download it from there. It should work in Kodi 15. The only reason it isn't in the official repository is that it contains legacy code to function in older versions of XBMC.
I get "wrong structure" when trying to install from zip file. Any idea?
Here's how I install Advanced Launcher: Download latest release from GitHub (as mentioned by ldavet) - https://github.com/Angelscry/plugin.prog...d.launcher - click on the 'download zip' button. Unzip somewhere that is easy to find (desktop). Inside of that folder is another folder (they are both named the same). Then I just drag the second folder right into my Kodi addons folder (I use the portable option for Kodi so it is under 'Kodi/portable_data/addons), restart, and there it is under 'programs'. I don't think there really is any other way to launch an external program from within Kodi without a script of sorts. You can always just use Advanced Launcher for your emulator front-end. I used EmulationStation for a bit myself...still waiting to see if it gets updated anymore. Their forums are spam-ridden these days.
(2015-09-02, 14:39)boozecrooze01 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's how I install Advanced Launcher: Download latest release from GitHub (as mentioned by ldavet) - https://github.com/Angelscry/plugin.prog...d.launcher - click on the 'download zip' button. Unzip somewhere that is easy to find (desktop). Inside of that folder is another folder (they are both named the same). Then I just drag the second folder right into my Kodi addons folder (I use the portable option for Kodi so it is under 'Kodi/portable_data/addons), restart, and there it is under 'programs'. I don't think there really is any other way to launch an external program from within Kodi without a script of sorts. You can always just use Advanced Launcher for your emulator front-end. I used EmulationStation for a bit myself...still waiting to see if it gets updated anymore. Their forums are spam-ridden these days.

Come on over to the Hyperspin forums. Great things are happening.

(2015-09-24, 04:54)mccorkled Wrote: [ -> ]Come on over to the Hyperspin forums. Great things are happening.

I had spent a fair amount of time with HyperSpin in the past...but until native fullscreen support is implemented, it's just too much work. I also tried using RLauncher as a backend and AL as a front-end but at the end of the day it was just too many options that I didn't really care about. After I had spent countless hours collecting roms and artwork for thousands of games I realized that I was only going to replay the same ones I had played as a kid. I narrowed my list down to the top 20 or 30 games of each system (or in the case of the 32X, 2) and set it all up in Kodi using AL. Now just waiting for the right skin to come along and I'll be perfectly happy. I do still swing by the HS forums or the FTP server now and again looking for updated boxart. I have to say that there are some VERY talented artists and extremely dedicated retro gamers hanging around those parts.
The GitHub account for Advanced Launcher is now dead. Is there any other way to get it or are there any other addons out there yet that will launch an external program?
Already answered elsewhere, but read the end of the advanced launcher thread and you'll find links to the latest (last) version.
(2015-09-25, 11:45)boozecrooze01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-24, 04:54)mccorkled Wrote: [ -> ]Come on over to the Hyperspin forums. Great things are happening.

I had spent a fair amount of time with HyperSpin in the past...but until native fullscreen support is implemented, it's just too much work. I also tried using RLauncher as a backend and AL as a front-end but at the end of the day it was just too many options that I didn't really care about. After I had spent countless hours collecting roms and artwork for thousands of games I realized that I was only going to replay the same ones I had played as a kid. I narrowed my list down to the top 20 or 30 games of each system (or in the case of the 32X, 2) and set it all up in Kodi using AL. Now just waiting for the right skin to come along and I'll be perfectly happy. I do still swing by the HS forums or the FTP server now and again looking for updated boxart. I have to say that there are some VERY talented artists and extremely dedicated retro gamers hanging around those parts.

Advanced Launcher can be acquired here: https://github.com/edwtjo/advanced-launcher

Not sure if it is what you're after but I design views specifically for Advanced Launcher as an extension to Cirrus Extended: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2148203

See if you like. Either way, hope it helps. Smile
(2015-12-16, 06:09)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 11:45)boozecrooze01 Wrote: [ -> ]

Advanced Launcher can be acquired here: https://github.com/edwtjo/advanced-launcher

Not sure if it is what you're after but I design views specifically for Advanced Launcher as an extension to Cirrus Extended: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2148203

See if you like. Either way, hope it helps. Smile

Thanks for the link to Advanced Launcher! Setting up a fresh Kodi load, and needed it!