Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow "Clean library"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys, Big Grin

I'm running Kodi 14.2 and 15.x
In both versions the "clean library" function is extremly slow.
It used to take between 1-4 minutes, but now 4% takes almost 30minutes. Confused

I'm running it on Mac osx.

Anyone got a solution to my problem?
I considered reinstalling the system to hopefully fix the problem - but I hope you guys have a solution at hand Smile

Best Regards
Are you using a lot of plugins?
no, none. Sad
darn as we know that's one possible cause.
can you get us a Debug Log from scanning and upload it to xbmclogs.com?
gimme a few hours, and i'll see if I can put it on xbmclog.
When I do the clean library, I power off the device since clean is so freakin slow - will you get what you need in the log anyway?
FYI, I had to clean my library manually from all the junk in the files table to make it clean fast again.

From what it seemed we had a bug that added all kind of files to the table. Those were .nfo, .jpg, .png and even unrelated files that Kodi does not even handle via it's known extensions. After cleaning up the mess my clean library went down to 8 seconds from over 10 minutes ..

Unfortunately i am not able to find out when and how this happened yet.
I cant find that log file.. not loving macosx... think i'll try and delete all of Kodi and start from scratch..
(2015-06-15, 21:22)ulleput Wrote: [ -> ]I cant find that log file.. not loving macosx... think i'll try and delete all of Kodi and start from scratch..

http://kodi.wiki/view/Mac_FAQ#Userdata_f...are_hidden
Log file is of no help here. Starting from scratch is ofc an option Smile
I am having the same problem running 15 RC1, or 14.1 on my othe box. I am using MySQL to run the library.

The log file just says "11:26:20 T:2996 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup .." - that's the last line in there; it is now 11:47 - so 20 minutes later - and the cleanup is at 5%.

I can easily remove individual episodes just by trying to play them, so removing one file is fine.

This is a new install more-or-less - the database myvideos93 has 8 rows in the tvshow table and 163 rows in the episodes table.

However the 'path' table has 475 rows and the 'files' table has 2348 rows - from before I removed a network drive I had running previously.

So I ran this query on the database:

DELETE FROM path WHERE idPath < 1165;
DELETE FROM files WHERE idPath NOT IN (SELECT idPath FROM path);

I did that to manually clean it.

I think the problem is with the SMB links that no longer exist, but each one is hitting the system timeout to check them all?

After that I force quit Kodi and cleaned the database, which now took about 5 seconds.

Hope that info helps someone.
Mines been running for 24 hours and has barely reached 32%. Anyway I can speed this up?
you use a lot of plugins?
About 7 plugins. Though out of those 7 I only use 3 of them on a regular basis.
If running mysql how can I see what my library looks like? Mine speeds through 0-85% then it lags really bad on the last 15%.I wouldn't mind finding and clearing the DB? but i just dont want to lose my watched state on shows. Any ideas?
Hi, any patch for this bug? I have the same problem on my kodi isengard on android.

Simone
Pages: 1 2