Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recently added TV Shows not showing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
None of my new episodes downloaded are showing in the recently added tv since I upgraded to Kodi.
Recently added movies are working fine.

Anyone got any ideas how to get this working?

TIA
Can you see them if you go into videos than files.
They've probably not had the content set as tv shows so change it and refresh the library
Sorry, can you explain what you mean? I've refreshed the particular show, but still not showing up in the recently added.
Sometimes the file names are wrong and if your new shows are slightly wrong they won't be picked up by the library so won't show.
But these same files will still show up in the file manager and would probably play through there.
First check they are named the exact same as your working ones.. Besides the episode numbers and then open file manager (not sure where it is on your skin) and go to the source where your problem files are and highlight one of the ones that aren't showing and press the context menu and I can't remember exactly as I'm at work but I think it's called set content that your after op add to library and then it will probably ask you to type what show it is so do that and if it's worked right they should appear in your library then.
Ok, thanks alot Steve for the explanation.
I've looked in the files bit, and the newly added shows aren't showing in there either.

As far as I can see everything is named correctly, maybe I should remove source and re-add them? PITA tho but I'll see if that works.

I'll double check the file names when I get home first, just checked them using my phone connection to my Nas atm.

Thanks again for the reply.
(2015-06-16, 11:03)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks alot Steve for the explanation.
I've looked in the files bit, and the newly added shows aren't showing in there either.

As far as I can see everything is named correctly, maybe I should remove source and re-add them? PITA tho but I'll see if that works.

I'll double check the file names when I get home first, just checked them using my phone connection to my Nas atm.

Thanks again for the reply.
That's strange they should show up in the file browser even if they are named wrong.
Maybe it's a issue with permissions on your nas for these particular files double check they are all shared once you get them to show on your file browser you should be fine then.
Well I downloaded a new episode to try it out again, and this time it's showing up in the recently added, scratching my head now as I've not changed anything.

Strange, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Thanks again.
(2015-06-16, 18:01)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I downloaded a new episode to try it out again, and this time it's showing up in the recently added, scratching my head now as I've not changed anything.

Strange, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Thanks again.
Well it seems like your Kodi is working fine so it must be the actual files.
There may be permissions embedded into them, you could try taking them out of the folder refresh the library and reboot and then add them again and re scan.
Not sure about the 'files' view, but see if they're in the 'library' view under the respective show. If they are, they're being scanned in correctly, so something else is suppressing them from the Recently Added view. I'd then look to the file timestamp... if that's typically not in the past couple of days, especially if you're adding files regularly, then it simply isn't being recognised as 'recent' compared to other things and thus not making the list.