Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turn off all the notifications in 'Program Settings'. You should only have 2 things checked in there. It will briefly pop up and Kodi will resume focus while PDVD loads then PDVD takes focus. This is because the task at hand is it's reading the disc VCD just mounted. Once PDVD is closed via alt + f4 mapped to your remote, Kodi resumes focus and AnyDVD notification window is under it. You'll notice that once you close Kodi and you can close it with the same mapped alt + F4 if you want. You too may need to adjust 'timeout /t 10' to a higher value.

You press enter and:

Kodi playercorefactory assumes tasking which in turn analyzes media type defined in 'Rules' and redirects to ISO.bat which does more in depth analysis and obeys instructions. This function is basically immediate but time is not crucial because the other functions will not start until this is complete and are in wait state.

VCD program is called and mounts the iso to instructed drive letter. Speed at which your machine performs this command is crucial as are the rest of the commands. If VCD has not mounted the iso completely BEFORE the next task begins (AnyDVD analyze iso) then AnyDVD cannot properly do it's job and so on and so forth for the next task. Timing is crucial. Too fast, and the chain is broken. The code allows 2 seconds for this command before initiating the next command.

Once VCD has mounted the iso, then and only then AnyDVD should be called. It takes quite a bit to open the program, analyze the disc, connect to server(s) dependent on your internet connection, and apply the magic. AnyDVD notification window will open on top of Kodi showing what it analyzes and the changes it makes. Then it releases focus and Kodi resumes focus. The code allows 10 seconds for this to occur. You may need to increase the time. If you did not allow ample time, AnyDVD notification will remain uncompleted and PDVD takes over. Chain is broken. It will also remain IF you told it to display notifications for ANYTHING. Turn them all off.

Once AnyDVD has finished it's job, then and only then PDVD should be called. It reads the mounted iso drive letter you assigned it to read and will open it just as if it was inserted into your dedicated player and begins playback with no interaction to start it.

When you close PDVD, the iso is dismounted and you return to Kodi in focus.

When you close Kodi, the AnyDVD notification window will be present.

Also, the 1st time AnyDVD is called, is when it takes focus for a few seconds to actually open the program. Subsequent calls do not as the notification window is already open under Kodi which is in focus. Think of it as starting AnyDVD allows access to settings. Using the program opens a notification window showing what it's doing briefly and releases focus. Once that notification working window has been opened, it doesn't need to take brief focus again for subsequent use. Would be nice if they added a toggle setting to perform this in the background without notifying but the short time it's visible isn't a big deal.

Hope this gives you some understanding in the event you need to tailor the script slightly dependent on your environment. I think your problem in particular is you have some notification alerts you should turn off that will prevent the window from retaining focus.
Well, I have "Enable AnyDVD", "Autostart", "Check for New Versions", "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia." I turned off "check for new versions because, yes, that will notify (but it' currently current.) But that leaves three - is the Cinavia box ok?

Also I realized the Intel graphics keeps prompting me to put 4096x2160 however I see the TV is rated for 3840x2160 so I switched to that.
If you're going to use "autostart" meaning load the program when Windows starts, then it's already open and there is no need for

"C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe"
timeout /t 10

in the code. Edit it out. Else, uncheck "autostart" and only have it load when needed. I only have it load when needed because my box is an all in one box and not only for home theatre use so why have it running in the background and sitting in the tray. Still none of this should take focus or produce a blank screen.
I figured it out - mostly - holy crap! So I was tripping up on myself in a circle. First of all, there's some sort of SMB/Permissions issue on one of my servers. When I did a local library reset, that data on that server just fell off. Realizing that has helped me segregate that problem.

Secondly, I had the desktop set to 3840x2160 and that was causing black screen on HDMI 1.4. When I moved the cable to the HDMI 2.0 port the desktop worked but 3D was screwing up. That makes perfect sense from what I was reading but I didn't put 2+2 together - the light bulb went off.

Now, only remaining 3D problem - I pulled up a few scenes on Spider-Man 2. I ha d problem on Android TV with one 3D movie (haven't tried this one but I will later) and I had to hit a button that 'reversed eyes.' I'm not sure how to do that in PowerDVD 17.
Yep. If you can't access your source, and it's not scanned in you're going to render nothing but it's old artwork.

Aside from that, I thought I explained the HDMI 1.4 vs HDMI 2.0 resolution problem for devices like yours (post 189) and that you understood it since the next post was a confirmation by you? You can only use one or the other. You can't use both at the same time. You would need a GPU designed with driver support such as Nvidia to do both at the same time. So with your device, you have to choose one or the other and corresponding settings for one or the other as well. 3D low res at 1080 use HDMI 1.4 or 2D high res at 2160 use HDMI 2.0. If you want both at the same time you have to use HDMI 2.0 with Nvidia. Intel does not work this way. Do you understand?

If you have R/S 1st rather than the more common L/S 1st titles ripped, you will need to reverse the order. Kodi has this setting. However, if you're using an external player like PDVD, switching in Kodi does no good. That switch is for the Kodi internal player. Fortunately you can make the adjustment within PDVD. It's in 3D settings. You can also make the setting in your display if it exists and most do. I use a programmable remote (Harmony) so I can access either device and make the change. Key presses to access the menu are about the same. You would have to determine what is most convenient for you.

If this completes the final pieces of your puzzle, please rate the thread as you see fit and enjoy your efforts.
(2017-05-12, 02:01)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. If you can't access your source, and it's not scanned in you're going to render nothing but it's old artwork.

Aside from that, I thought I explained the HDMI 1.4 vs HDMI 2.0 resolution problem for devices like yours (post 189) and that you understood it since the next post was a confirmation by you? You can only use one or the other. You can't use both at the same time. You would need a GPU designed with driver support such as Nvidia to do both at the same time. So with your device, you have to choose one or the other and corresponding settings for one or the other as well. 3D low res at 1080 use HDMI 1.4 or 2D high res at 2160 use HDMI 2.0. If you want both at the same time you have to use HDMI 2.0 with Nvidia. Intel does not work this way. Do you understand?

I did understand - but there was a lag in the words in the communication and translating that to the real world - to desktop rez + 3D contradicting each other

(2017-05-12, 02:01)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have R/S 1st rather than the more common L/S 1st titles ripped, you will need to reverse the order. Kodi has this setting. However, if you're using an external player like PDVD, switching in Kodi does no good. That switch is for the Kodi internal player. Fortunately you can make the adjustment within PDVD. It's in 3D settings. You can also make the setting in your display if it exists and most do. I use a programmable remote (Harmony) so I can access either device and make the change. Key presses to access the menu are about the same. You would have to determine what is most convenient for you.

If this completes the final pieces of your puzzle, please rate the thread as you see fit and enjoy your efforts.

The puzzle is almost complete (it's probably going to be always "almost" isn't it - it was "almost" about 5 years ago Blush ) The 3D settings aren't right. I feel like my eyeballs are being pulled to the left, right, up, down, inside, and out. I'll deal with that tomorrow. It's been quite a few hours to getting content executing and 3D mode turning on. That's enough for today. Time to enjoy this week's Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow ....CoolNod
I can't figure out 3D mode. Movies are triggering 3D but the settings aren't right. During movement it feels like someone's pulling my eyeballs out. I've tried switching eyes on the TV (I found where to do it on the tv) but that doesn't help. I can't find too many settings in PowerDVD. There is auto-detect, side-by-side and something else but the options are ghosted except for Auto-Detect.

The same exact movies display just fine on my Zidoo X9S.

I'm just going to wait for a few more Kaby Lake driver updates I think.

I'll also post over in the Kabe Lake thread.
Had a question, does this work with Windows 10. I am trying to play a MVC file ripped using MakeMKV. My setup is Kaby Lake Pentium HTPC connected to the LG OLED E6 and playback software is Power DVD 16, Although I can see everything in 3D it is not as good as the 3D produced by the Xbox One S.
(2017-05-16, 02:22)rahulkadukar Wrote: [ -> ]Had a question, does this work with Windows 10. I am trying to play a MVC file ripped using MakeMKV. My setup is Kaby Lake Pentium HTPC connected to the LG OLED E6 and playback software is Power DVD 16, Although I can see everything in 3D it is not as good as the 3D produced by the Xbox One S.

Explain "not as good as" a little more. I have a problem with 3D and PowerDVD 17, but I'm not sure if it's the same as yours. Upon movement, I feel like my eyeballs are being ripped out of their sockets. The movies play great on an Android box. And paused, it's fine. I've tried every setting such as swapping eyes from left/right to right/left, depth, viewpoint, auto-sensing, and I just can't bear it. There's got to be more bugs here Sad
*EDIT* 10-22-2018
There has been some confusion regarding the .bat files in thinking they are only needed if you are using 3D.  This is not true.  They are needed for other reasons other than just 3D so if you use PowerDVD and/or MPC-BE you WILL need to create them.  I have changed the name of the .bats to help end the confusion.  This also requires slight editing of the playercorefactory.xml.  Furthermore, I have simplified the code for both .bat files.  I have also been using DVDFab Media Player 3 to gain menus and mimic a UHD HDR disc with an iso backup 100%.  This player, unlike PowerDVD, requires no special hardware to be compliant.  I still use PowerDVD for 3D.iso menus since DVDFab Player 3 is not 3D frame packed compatible.  The updated playercorefactory.xml also reflects this change.

The current configuration as of 10-22-2018:
PowerDVD 18 build 1815 - SDR 2D and 3D iso's default and play full menus mimicking a physical disc exactly.  (I use this because DVDFab Player 3 cannot do frame packed 3D)
DVDFab Player 3 build 3.2.0.1 - UHD HDR iso's default and play full menus mimicking a physical disc exactly.  (I use this because I don't have special hardware required for PowerDVD UHD playback)
DVDFab Player 5 build 5.0.2.0 (For 3D MVC you must preselect 1080p GPU resolution and HDR relies on Windows HDR vs Private API's which would be better as v.3 presently does)
KODI videoplayer v.18 x64 nightly- defaults to play everything else.
MPC-BE build 1.5.2 x64 and MPC-HC build 1.8.3 - I select these players manually by pressing 'C' (mapped to 'Menu' on my remote) when I desire to override any of the defaults.  (When quality vs function is desired knowing they play everything but no menus)
All 5 players serve a unique need when one desires to play everything offered with no caveats.  Each can be manually selected to play what you'd like provided it handles the given source.

LAV Filters build 0.73.1 x64
madVR build 0.92.17

So you want fully automated 4k (UHD) HDR too? We know ripping UHD is not possible now, if ever, but we will be prepared (as we were with DVD and Blu-ray) should that occur. *Edit*  The day has arrived and our preparation is now paying off.  Test files are here http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples and should be downloaded and saved as a source for Kodi. When finished you will simply be able to navigate your titles in Kodi, select one, and no further intervention is needed. Everything (default players based on content, enable 3D, Blu-ray, HDR mode, UHD, etc.) will be automated and can be custom altered to your unique default preference. You can also manually select various players within Kodi should you prefer to change it up. Everything in the samples and more will play correctly. Afaik, there is nothing you can't play using this entire guide. Please refer to post #1 to make sure you have covered the basics like how to set up Virtual Clone Drive, etc.  Ok, here we go.

GPU:
*EDIT* Using the latest offering from nVidia 416.34 and modifying installation package by removing and replacing audio drivers with 388.59.
*EDIT* As of 391.35, use RGB FULL 8bit instead of 12bit.  12bit introduces banding.  8bit does not and quality difference vs banding prefers 8bit.  Until NVidia addresses 10bit for RGB, this will remain the preference.
*EDIT* As of 390.65 Nvidia driver update, newer drivers are once again working as intended.
*EDIT* As of 385.28 NVidia driver update, newer drivers are now working as intended. Evidently, NVidia updated API so 3D MVC and UHD HDR now work in FSE mode. (As always, DO NOT turn HDR and advanced color switch ON). The new release of madVR v0.92.1 reflects these updates. Yea! AMD and Intel may have also updated though I have no test beds to confirm. Perhaps another user can confirm or deny?

This is only going to work with nVidia GTX 960 or better as long as it hardware decodes. For instance, a GTX 970 is not capable.  AMD should work as well but I have no experience so I cannot help with any specific GPU problems should they arise.

Success reports using the nVidia GTX 1030 are arriving and users are posting their settings and appear to be pleased with their test results.  This economical GPU may be a welcomed addition for some users.  A good example is posted here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2759442 by @luci5r

Players:

*EDIT*  If you desire 4k UHD playback with menus like the original disc, and you do not have specialized hardware that is required by PowerDVD, there is another option.  DVDFab Player.  I have tested version 3 and it performs well using my older system.  3D MVC does not work but SBS and TAB do.  The new version 5 offers 3D MVC but you must set your resolution to 1080p prior and change back to 2160p when finished.  This is not automated like other players for some reason.

Kodi internal player does not support UHD, HDR, full menus or 3D MVC Frame Packed.  *Edit*  Kodi now supports some JAVA menus.
The special afedchin build only supports 3D MVC using HDMI 1.3. UHD requires HDMI 2.0 and is not backwards compatible.
We will be using the normal Kodi internal player as an option for those that prefer it for anything but UHD, UHD HDR, or 3D MVC.

PowerDVD (optional) requires special hardware for complete UHD playback with full menus. Blu-ray full menu titles are still supported. PDVD does support stripped UHD HDR's such as 4kHDR.mkv. PDVD does not play UHD file structure or iso unless you browse into the title and select the proper .m2ts file. (specific hardware may support UHD) File structure (not in a container) would be preferred to necessitate browsing to the proper .m2ts file. Note, an iso cannot be navigated within PDVD but can if externally mounted and manually accessed using Windows Explorer . It also supports 3D MVC as another choice. Any full menu title used with PDVD will introduce Cinavia which can be overcome with RedFox. We will use PDVD as an optional player for those that prefer it for anything but complete UHD or UHD HDR titles with menus.

MPC-BE with madVR and LAVfilters supports 3D MVC, UHD, and UHD HDR. It does not support menus of any type, only main movie playback, but it does not introduce Cinavia and renders complete UHD and UHD HDR titles from the index.bdmv/MovieObject.bdmv (standalone) or via iso ONLY (Kodi and this code). Iso is preferred. Because it is the only player that can render complete UHD and UHD HDR backups (no menus though) and do what the others can (without special hardware), we will focus on this one. There are other similar players as well as the Windows Movie & TV app but this is what I prefer. This is all freeware too thanks to a whole bunch of dedicated folks that support the community and ask nothing in return. Without them, none of this is possible. Note:  madVR is only applied using MPC-BE and not PowerDVD or Kodi videoplayer.  Let's get started.

Installing Kodi, PDVD (optional for menus), Virtual Clone Drive (VCD), GPU drivers, File naming, Windows Audio Settings, etc., have previously been covered earlier in the guide and are straight forward with the same settings as usual. Make sure these are installed and configured correctly before you continue. Using the upcoming KODI v.18 LEIA, be sure to adjust the new setting to 'Whitelist' the highest, and only the highest resolutions your display is capable of.  For instance, do NOT select any resolutions lower than 2160p if you have a 4k display even though it is capable of 1080p, 720p, etc.  You want to upscale lower resolutions to your native 2160p.  Go slowly in order and don't get ahead of yourself. These are the new additions:

Be sure your HDR file contains HDR10, HDR, or hdr when naming just as you did with your 3D titles by adding '3D' to the file name.

If your system is x64, install x64 not x86. I have no experience with x86 and no idea how it performs let alone compatibility.
http://madvr.com/
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/
I use x64 nightly versions of MPC-BE https://www.videohelp.com/software?d=MPC...taller.zip or newer releases.

Use Default LAVfilters settings and change the following:
Audio: Select the bitstreaming options your AVR is capable of.
Splitter: Default
Video: See picture below

*EDIT*  I now use D3D11 / Native

Use Default MPC-BE settings and change the following options: I've highlighted some remote key mapping to avoid any mouse or keyboard interaction. The same keys correspond to Kodi and PDVD as well. Select LavFilters as external filters under 'Add filters' as shown in the image. Select 'Prefer' for each new filter added.
watch gallery

Choose madVR options carefully. Every system is different. You must test to find your sweet spot or set everything to low and forget about it. Low resolution poor encodes put the most stress on your CPU as the software enhances the low quality. High res 1:1 rips put the least because there isn't much to clean up and settings can be tuned higher. The rest depends on your GPU chip strength and it's memory capabilities. The GTX 960 I use doesn't skip a beat for anything I've ever played. HDR titles are not demanding but a 480p is. Do not let your mouse pointer hover in the seek bar. This strains everything. Excellent tuning guides here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188 and here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=...&page=2236 I encourage you to set up groups and profiles to fine tune unique sources. To overlay realtime madVR output, press ctrl + J. Make sure rendering stats is always below 35ms or your settings are too aggressive. Play at least 5 minutes.  In time you will learn what to set for your unique preferences.  The settings are too exhaustive for this forum.

MadVR has the ability to render HDR a few different ways. Pixel algorithms are CPU intensive and imperfect. 3DLUT methods use a file that is a predetermined general setting for nit values unless you create your own which you won't be. When HDR mode enables, calibration at the display level DOES NOT kick in. A nit value is how bright and dark a display can get before it goes out of range. Every display is different as is every title. You don't want to lose detail in a dark shadow and the same for a bright cloud. We will not concentrate on this now that madVR can passthrough the exact metadata and dynamically switch HDR mode on and off producing a more custom picture. Passthrough hands the video processing to nVidia API and your display for HDR decoding and rendering. This is a true HDR mode. Calibration at the display is now possible. Default usually increases the contrast and backlight to max. This can be calibrated.

To quickly and easily calibrate your display:
D/L the 'HDMV' file (HDMV-2d Calibration.iso) from here http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-displa...ation.html
You can play it back from file but it may be easier to burn it and play from your ROM drive. I just play through the Kodi internal video player. Here's how:
Add the calibration iso to the Kodi library. In Kodi Settings/Player settings/Discs/Bluray Playback mode/ select 'show Bluray menu'. (Change back to 'Show simplified menu' when finished) Navigate to the calibration iso you just added in your Kodi library. Press C to bring up the context menu. Select 'Play Using' from the menu. Select the Kodi internal player 'VideoPlayer'. You will see the full menu now.
Follow the simple instructions here https://lifehacker.com/5858625/how-to-ca...es-or-less
I would NOT change your HDMI port to 'Device type' = PC or any other presets. This usually chokes half your settings and imo doesn't look very good nor correspond with desktop vs video modes sharing the same port.
I would not concentrate on color calibration. Use 'Native'.
I would set 'Dynamic Contrast' in your display to 'High' before calibrating. This enhances brightness in HDR without impacting SDR.
I can't stress enough, settings in your display everyone automatically chants to turn off is simply incorrect. It sounds correct when seeking an unaltered pure signal thinking your picture will look better but it simply won't. All these post process settings added to displays were added for a reason, usually limitations from sources that to this day simply can't conform and it is not in anyone's control. Simply put, it's the nature of the beast. These 'extra' display settings produce post processes to overcome problems in standards initiated decades ago.
As always, set your color space to RGB full in your GPU (or as I've recently changed to 'Use default color settings' and select Auto instead of Normal aka 0-255 in your display), Kodi, AVR, and display. DURING playback, minimize your player, open your GPU control panel and set to 12bit from 8bit (no longer necessary using default color settings). As with everything, you only need to do this once.
Make sure HDR is turned on in your display options for the HDMI port your HTPC is connected as well as 'Deep Color' or similar in your AVR. Make sure your AVR actually passes through HDR otherwise add a 2nd GPU HDMI cable directly to your display (bypassing video to the AVR but keeping audio intact).
You have a 4k display now. It is smart with lots of memory. Not only does each HDMI port remember it's settings seperately from other HDMI ports, so do modes. If you use more than one HDMI port, HDMI1 can be calibrated differently than HDMI2 and so on. The same is true for modes. 2D can be calibrated differently than 3D and the same for HDR. Calibrate each port and each mode. It is worth the time and you won't be disappointed after all is finished. Remember, you only have to do all of this once.

Now that you're up to speed, here's how to install madVR:

Create a folder anywhere on your C: (root of C:, Documents, etc.) and name it what you want (madVR09111).
Extract the contents of the download into this folder.
From that content, right click on 'install.bat' and 'Run as admin'.
Installation is complete.
To access settings, select madHcCtrl.exe in the folder you just extracted to. It will appear in tray next to clock. Double click or right click and select settings.
To revert to default settings (if you get lost and want to start over), inside the madVR folder you created is 'restore default settings.bat'. You will also find the uninstall here should you want to install a fresh version of madVR but not on top of the old one.

Here are madVR settings: Click image for larger pictures.  
watch gallery

Here is a link to my settings.bin file.  You can replace yours in the madVR folder to get you started.     https://www.dropbox.com/s/szpwvi8s6a464o...s.bin?dl=0
Here is a copy and paste to simplify settings. You should not add any additional display resolutions. 2160p23, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59, 2160p60

This is the profile rule for PROCESSING and SCALING:

if (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p"
 else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "2160p"

else if (srcWidth > 1280) and (srcWidth <= 1920) "1080p"
 else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"

else if (srcWidth > 960) and (srcWidth <= 1280) "720p"
 else if (srcWidth <= 960) and ((srcHeight > 540) and (srcHeight <= 720)) "720p"

else if (srcWidth <= 960) and (srcHeight <= 540) "SD"

and the profile rule for RENDERING:

if (3D) "3D"
 else if (srcWidth <= 720) and (srcHeight <= 576)"SD"
 else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and (srcHeight <= 720)"720p"
 else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight <= 1080)"1080p"
 else if (srcWidth <= 3840) and (srcHeight <= 2160)"2160p"

The files you are about to create/modify are read and launched via Kodi. They are 100% safe and can be deleted without impacting anything. Some user input is required. Navigate to C:\Users\YOUR NAME APPEARS HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata. This is where you will create the files.
*EDIT* The following changes from time to time as software improves and/or updates.  Revisions can be found as edits at beginning of post.
This will open PowerDVD for 2D and 3D iso's so you have menus.  Kodi now has menus also btw. 
This will open MPC-BE for UHD HDR any file extension such as iso or mkv as long as HDR is in the file name (not the folder name).
This will open Kodi internal video player for everything else.
You can still manually select any player using the 'play using' tab after pressing 'C' aka context menu.  You can also modify this code to default to other players as well as add or omit players.
Watched status will also show as watched in Kodi library after playback.

If you do not have an existing playercorefactory.xml, create one. Right click/NEW/Text Document and rename the entire text playercorefactory.xml and not playercorefactory.xml.txt. Right click your new or old playercorefactory.xml and select edit. Copy and paste the following and edit 'YOUR USER NAME GOES HERE' with your name (There are 2 lines to edit):
Code:
<playercorefactory>
 <players>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PDVD.bat</filename>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\MPCBE.bat</filename>
    </player>
    <player name="DVDFab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Media Player 3\FabPlayer.exe</filename>
    </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="DVDFab"/>
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|.*3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Create #1 .bat file as you did for the playercorefactory.xml. Name this MPCBE.bat and not MPCBE.bat.txt. Edit the following text into it and edit the drive letter you assigned to VCD. The example below shows A: presently.
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe" %pth% exit
exit

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe" A:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
exit

Finally, create #2 .bat only if you are using PowerDVD 17. Name it PDVD.bat. Edit the following text into it and edit the drive letter you assigned to VCD. The example below shows A: presently.
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
exit

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" A:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
exit
Thanks a lot for your guide. Please can you state which version of MPC-Be you use and how you integrate Lav filters in the player. I imagine as external filters.
Good catch on both points. I've updated the MPC-BE gallery to show how to add LavFilters as external filters and added a link for MPC-BE x64 nightly builds which are what I use.
Thanks again. I have updated my htpc installing windows10 creators update build 1703 july 2017. I still use my amd R209 270x video card waiting for the Nvidia MSI Gtx 960 4Gb that should arrive within few days. Meantime I have configured Kodi (nightly build latest), MPC-BE etc as per your guide. Of course the htpc is used at moment for 1080p and 3Dmvc. Everything works fine with one exception: The BDMV folders are nor read by MPC-BE either index.bdmv nor MovieObject.bdmv. Upon starting, the player hangs on its logo. The only way to play the bdmv contents is to open the stream folder and choose the right stream.Iso files (3D and 2D) work flawlessly. Have you got any suggestion for me? Do you need more details about my setup? Thanks.
If you are using MPC-BE as a standalone player (but I urge everyone to use it with Kodi) you have to browse into the file structure and select index.bdmv or movieobject.bdmv and then select 'open with MPC-BE' in Windows.

If you are using MPC-BE with Kodi, and you are using file structure (not inside a container), it is going to hang on the logo (it cannot render the file).

However, if you pack it into an iso and play it through Kodi, the code will mount the title and render it properly.
Fwiw, you can't browse an iso within PDVD to access .m2ts files so it prefers file structure. You can externally mount an iso and navigate to the m2ts file selecting 'open with PDVD'.

ISO is the preferred format.

Updated guide to make this clearer and thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Ok I got it. I am using MPC-BE in kodi only. Now I have to pack in iso more than 200 bluray. But I think it's worth the effort since MPC-BE+LAV+Madr give the best picture quality I ever seen.
In a couple of days the GTX960 will arrive and I will complete the setup to include 4K and 4K Hdr movies. Cross my fingers everything will work. Thanks again @brazen1.. You are of great help really.