Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@elupus
I know you are a busy man. I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the backtrace that you asked for. I posted it a few pages back Wink Cheers.
Rand Al Thor:
Just to make sure. You do do a make clean after updating right? in either case, could you do a "make distclean" and rebuild just to make sure i'm not chasing a ghost.
I always do a make clean, but i have no problems doing another. I will make distclean and let you know what happens. Thanks again Big Grin
Elupus:

strange the other xbox plays them all fine here 5 minutes playing until I pressed stop so I don't think it can be a corrupt avi ?

I've took the liberty of cutting the initial mp3 stuff off (stopping scanning before reams of log stuff is created is not possible).

the log starts as I leave the music folder.

http://pastebin.com/d66b5d804

they are both V1.4 and made within 5 weeks of each other the only differences I can see is

1 soft mod vs mod chip
2 evo vs executer bios
3 standard harddisk vs 120gb seagate.

the working one is always named first above.

Any thoughts as this seems crazy to me.

I cant see mplayer choking on mencoder created files.
elupus Wrote:Rand Al Thor:
Just to make sure. You do do a make clean after updating right? in either case, could you do a "make distclean" and rebuild just to make sure i'm not chasing a ghost.

Just did a distclean and rebuilt. Same issue. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again.
elupus:

Further investigation seems to sugest its choking on the mp2 stream (straight copy from feed) mencoder -oac copy

When I play streams that had AC3 then they play fine also re-encoded mp3 streams are fine (from 'transcode')

Don't know why one box is fine but other borks.

Do you think somthing like

nice mythtranscode --buildindex --infile $1

would fix it (or am I chasing up a dead end)

I've run a transcode job against one of the files causing issues and will report back when I get home to play it.
Rand Al Thor:
should be fixed now. please svn up and try again.
Having transcoded them they play fine.
interestingly transcode from mythtv worked fine but using myth2nuv.sh script created corrupt video (like the vertical lock was gone on an old telly).

I can only assume the multi channel mp2 stream is whats causing the one machine to bork strange though.

Anyway unless you want to investigate further I'll transcode the dvb-t/s stream with the Mp2 stripped and re-encoded to mp3.

Funny how the same script when fed with an AC3 source HD stream is fine.
Will give it a shot and let you know. Just out of curiosity, what did you discover? Cheers and thanks again.
Works great Elupus! Thanks again.
Just to report back, I googled around and found some information on advancedsettings.xml. After a couple of tries at the correct format, I got it. I had the constant buffering folks have noticed. I tried to 'Play using' with mplayer and got no stuttering. Thanks for the help and good work. For what it is worth, it works on all tuners including the one in slave backend. I did notice that I couldn't skip forward or back in livetv.
To help others, to get past the DNS issue, you create a file called AdvancedSettings.xml. The contents should be as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<hosts>
<entry name="BACKEND NAME">BACKEND IP</entry>
</hosts>
</advancedsettings>

and place this file in E:\dashboard\UserData\

Good luck.
Elupus how functional is the EPG at present? I get the guide page but when I select a channel it goes to an empty page. Cant see anything in the log so assume this is expected at present? Thanks
no idea. never tested it. topfs added it, i just shortly reviewed the code. It is however totally dependent on correct username/password as it uses the database.
ptipton Wrote:Elupus how functional is the EPG at present? I get the guide page but when I select a channel it goes to an empty page. Cant see anything in the log so assume this is expected at present? Thanks

Well sorry if I misslead you, I refer to it as "Guide" in code, just blacked out on the commit and wrote EPG. It's only intended too show the upcomming episodes. It might be possible too use it to program but it would be very uggly code doing so (seeing it's more a hack of our VFS than a real guide.)

You can however press "info" and get descriptions of the show, press "i" on keyboard if I remember correctly but you should get there by context menu otherwise.
<EDIT> Missread your post a bit, it should pull down the pages of that perticular channel, but you MUST as elupus said give correct username/password. You must aswell have channelID's that are unique.
So I don't hunt any ghosts you need to have a fully working guide in MythTV as it takes the data from there</EDIT>