Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Topfs2 thanks. I have full guide working ok in mythweb also I'm getting the current program displayed correctly in the liveTV page so am I right in thinking this means username and password are ok?? Channel id's are definitely unique. Cant see anything in xbmc log, getting late here will check the mythbackend log tomorrow. Thanks
Please post the log anyway on pastebin for example, it might indicate something atleast. If not then I'll add some more logging Smile
@topfs2
Thanks for the guide! I'll recompile tonight and let you know how it goes.
livetv and recordings require no password actually...
Well i just tried the guide and I too am getting no information. To test if it was perhaps a username pass issue i edited the source and as elupus said above i could still browse channels and recordings but when i clicked on guide, i got nothing. So, i changed the user and pass back and click on guide, it gives a full list of channels. Then i click on channels and I am presented with an empty list. Is there somewhere else i need to specify the user and pass or a step that I am missing?
Rand Al Thor's problem sound identical to mine. Just tried to post the log in pastebin but kept giving me a spam error so will have to try it again tonight.
First off, thanks for the hard work on the XBMC mythtv feature. I think it will be great as it matures. I am using a static host entry in the AdvancedSettings.xml file. LiveTV works and is faster than xbmcmythtv (which I have used for over a year now on 3 tv/xbox combos). Pause works but skip forward/back doesn't seem to work with live tv. Recordings are cumbersome due to lack of categories..and TV shows don't stack under one title for me, but skip forward/back seems to work with recordings.

Should TV shows stack (maybe I am missing a setting)? That would make recorded shows easier to navigate. Any future plan on when categories might be implemented? Thanks.
@teresa

I dont think you will find many in-depth features added until a universal dvr frontend server/client feature is implemented. You will find another thread in these forums covering this.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Well i just tried the guide and I too am getting no information. To test if it was perhaps a username pass issue i edited the source and as elupus said above i could still browse channels and recordings but when i clicked on guide, i got nothing. So, i changed the user and pass back and click on guide, it gives a full list of channels. Then i click on channels and I am presented with an empty list. Is there somewhere else i need to specify the user and pass or a step that I am missing?

Well if you get the channels I suspect that you have entered the username and password correctly as it uses the DB and not the recorders as in livetv, but I might be wrong.
I added some more logging in the guide directory so svn update and make distclean and make and try again. Please provide a full log afterwards

ptipton Wrote:Rand Al Thor's problem sound identical to mine. Just tried to post the log in pastebin but kept giving me a spam error so will have to try it again tonight.
Please try distclean aswell and if either pastebin.com or pastebin.ca isn't working then pm me the full log instead.
Topfs2 Wrote:Well if you get the channels I suspect that you have entered the username and password correctly as it uses the DB and not the recorders as in livetv, but I might be wrong.
I added some more logging in the guide directory so svn update and make distclean and make and try again. Please provide a full log afterwards

Will do Wink Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.
Topfs2- log here http://www.pastebin.ca/981028 Thanks
Hmm, according too that log it fetches the data correctly so there's probably something weird in my code. I'll send you a cpp with rediciosly much debug logging and you can try and send me that one
<EDIT> I think I fixed it now, svn update and test?</EDIT>
Yep that fixed it- much appreciated. One thought- at present the guide shows all the channels in the database whereas livetv only shows those that are selected as visible in the backend. Would it be better if the guide only showed channels marked as visible, certainly would be for me as many of the channels here you would never want to watch.
Dang, upgraded my bridge to wireless-g and still the stuttering. Is the issue not my wireless at all? Mythfrontend in linux on my Xbox doesn't stutter. So is it a buffering issue with XBMC, or does XBMC not like the file types? These are clearqam streams from an HDHomeRun, as well as mpeg2 streams via firewire from my cablebox.
ptipton Wrote:Yep that fixed it- much appreciated. One thought- at present the guide shows all the channels in the database whereas livetv only shows those that are selected as visible in the backend. Would it be better if the guide only showed channels marked as visible, certainly would be for me as many of the channels here you would never want to watch.

apanloco did a patch on this which now is applied. thx apanloco!