Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Messed up my update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had given an XBMC box to my parents a while back but as they had not used it in months, I took it back. Today I tried to update from Gotham to Kodi with files I had used in the passed but something went wrong. The box and software still loads in XBMC but it is not KODI on top of that all the menus are gone. I can still tell that things are in the back ground and I can access channels etc by pressing where they icons used to be. I suspect I have to flash the unit and reinstall and that is where I need help,

How do I reset to factory, how do I install the new software and get everything working again? I assume there is a link to do this but could not find it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am looking at getting the latest Kodi and the latest video add ons
Trouble is it sounds like you have a specialized box, which we can try to help with, but honestly, your best bet is to talk to the vendor that sold the box.
Wat box is it to start off with
The box is an android MX

I tried contacting the vendor but it appears he is out business or gone dark.
If it's a G-Box (MX) then you have to reset the box within the software settings . You'd have to exit xbmc if running and go to the Android System settings. One of the options is "backup and reset". Choose "Factory data reset" , it will prompt you to confirm. Make sure you back anything you want to keep on a flash drive or something external before you event start :-)

Once the reset is completed, you have to install back the stock apps like xbmc file browser and a few others (it's part of the image and will be there after the reset.) . Do this using the "OTA Updater" app.

I've done this 3 times already because wanted to upgrade to latest and gratest 14.x version of Kodi .... not going very well.

Player in Kodi 14.0 (on the MX2 G-box ) not scaling properly and haven't figured out how to fix it.
player in Kodi 14.2 (beta) not showing anything on screen at all :-) .