Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PLEASE HELP ME!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Around 3 days ago I got an android tv box delivered and I was trying to put the xbmc on there and every time I tried to download through the kodi site under the android arm selection it download as a txt and then it say can't open file. What am I doing wrong? Which one do I suppose to download from this site for my android tv box?
Around 3 days ago I got an android tv box delivered and I was trying to put the xbmc on there and every time I tried to download through the kodi site under the android arm selection it download as a txt and then it say can't open file. What am I doing wrong? Which one do I suppose to download from this site for my android tv box?
If you want the current stable version, you want this:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...bi-v7a.apk

... but you'll need to enable third-party sources in settings. How you do that depends on what version of Android you're running, though, so I can't immediately tell you more.

The alternative is to use the current beta, which is on the Play store - just search for 'Kodi' and click 'Install'.
Just rename the file so it says .apk instead of .txt.
Ok y'all. Thanks. I'm go try both and see if they work
Ok prof yaffle I clicked your link and this is what came up: kodi-14-6.txt and once I clicked it a HTML viewer came up with a blank white screen. Ned Scott or prof yaffle; how do I rename the file. This is brand new to me so please try and keep it simple so I can understand. Thanks guys [/code]
Never mind. I've got it. Thanks!
Hey krystal1981 when HTML VIEWER came up, what did you do to fix this issue ? I'm having the same problem, thanks
I just ended up having to download kodi straight from the Google play store. Much simpler
right click link. Save target ...

/M