Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can't view jpg after download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm very new to Kodi so please be gentle.

I have a Keedox android box (4.4.2) and I am trying to customise the background with some pictures that I have downloaded from google. I am using the Aeon Nox skin.

When I try to view the jpg's (either in Kodi or gallery outside of Kodi) I can only see a blank image. The thumbnail is present but the image is blank. When I am in Kodi, I can find where the jpg is saved to but again the image is blank. If I use a jpg from the in built files (wallpaper in system tweaks) I can view the image and it applies to the background without any issues.

I've searched this site but I can only find threads where the file is missing. My files are not missing, they just don't display.

I guess I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure if it is Kodi related or Android related.

Any help will be greatly received.[/size]
Sounds like a problem with the picture not your system.
Check the file extension as there's 2 or 3
.jpg
.JPEG
Check the ones that are working and see what they are and look at the non working ones and change them if different.
May just be a corrupt file try another one and try and get one where the resolution and pixels are same as the working ones.
Thanks Steve, I downloaded different file types (jpg's) and some worked and some did'nt so I thought it was a problem with the file size. I tried various websites with various sizes and differing file types but I was getting some to work but most wouldn't.

In the end I just tried google images and they appear to work where a number of websites that I have used before for Mac/Android phone didn't.

I'm still not sure what the exact issue is, but I now have a way around it.
Thanks for your reply.
Here's a good site for Kodi wallpaper
http://m.hdw.me/
That looks very nice, I'll give it a try later. Cheers.