Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi 15 Isengard Beta 2] How to Force Refresh a Repo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

The option to update and/or force refresh a repo is gone when you enter a repo's context menu.

I did find the Update option, which is now located on the sidebar menu, but I still cannot find the Force Refresh option. Can anyone confirm if this feature has been removed in Isengard?
it's gone on purpose
You can use the new addon Total Revolution for it I thought?
(2015-06-18, 18:31)misa Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the new addon Total Revolution for it I thought?

Why? There absolutely no need to force refresh any more
(2015-06-18, 18:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 18:31)misa Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the new addon Total Revolution for it I thought?

No need to force refresh anymore? What has changed then why it's not needed anymore? Sometimes it can be handy
(2015-06-18, 18:42)misa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 18:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

No need to force refresh anymore? What has changed then why it's not needed anymore? Sometimes it can be handy

Database and update logic has been fixed.
(2015-06-18, 17:46)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]it's gone on purpose
I am a user only of Kodi and appreciate all the work by the developers and popped in to find out why no "force refresh" and I think just an explanation of why its not needed in the first post would have been simpler.
I think when you have great knowledge of a subject ( mine being electrical maintenance and fault finding )you forget the beginners and assume they have the same understanding as yourself. Again just making a point and not criticizing the hard work everyone puts in.WinkNod
I'm also curious to know why no force refresh. Right now I'm trying to get the ustvnow update from lunaticz and can't because I can't force refresh the repo. So I'm still sitting at version 10.0.1 that works no longer and can't update to 10.0.3 So some clarification would be nice and maybe a way to get the updated version might help.
It's in the blade menu. "Check for updates".
I'm not having a problem checking for updates. I'm having a problem force refreshing the repo to get the addon updates
Then upload your debug log (wiki), probably a broken repo or add-on, in which case you'll need to contact the relevant maintainer/author.
Plenty of people are able to download and install the ustvnow addon from Lunaticz repo running 14.2 helix. The link or add on is not dead or broken. I have several people who are attempting to update while running 15.0 rc 1 rc 2 and the final release. No luck installing on 15.0 No problem on 14.2 anyone have any other input?
No debug log (wiki), no problem.
Delete addon*.db from your userdata and restart
Pages: 1 2