Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: drivepool not accepted as recording pad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started to use mediaportal as a backend for the kodi pvr.

For me it's not possible to view recordings in kodi.

I use a drivepool (from covecube) on my pvr server. Installation of the mediaportal back-end was no problem. But I wasn't able to set-up the plugin from magro (that wil connect to Kodi).

The pad for the recordings is red (until i set the pad on a harddrive and not on the drivepool). The timeshift is no problem because it's on a separated SSD.

When in Kodi, It's possible to set a recording, the back-end make's the actual recording, buts it's impossible to view the recording. Kodi gives รก no acces error.

Is it possible to use the plugin from magro on a drivepool or is this simply impossible? (I didn't provide logs from kodi because the problem is not with kodi, but with the plugin from magro)
My understanding, which might not be correct, is that for recorded TV, the recordings folder needs to be shared, and Kodi simply accesses the file on the share rather than going through the plugin.

On this basis, logs would help.
Yes i did shared the recordings folder. I did change (for testing) the recordings folder to a normal drive. With this setup Kodi works like it should be.

I wil attach the logs later this week
I believe that you need to configure the MePo TVservice running on your backend to be started as a network user that has full access to your configured share rather than LocalSystem.